Am I eligible for WEO?

wekk67

I was thinking of applying for WEO after my degree however there is one eligibility requirement i'm not sure about,

• If you take your A-levels after the start of 2017, you need 72 UCAS points, including two non-overlapping subject areas; before 2017, you need 180 UCAS points
it states on another page that they accept BTEC's in non overlapping subjects as an alternative and will need to be reviewed by the AIB - I have a level 3 btec in I.T (Business) amounting to 420 UCAS points but it is mainly one subject, will they reject me based on this?

I've tried to speak on the live chat but they just restated the requirements and there doesn't seem to be any contact information for the AIB in order to try and verify if my qualification counts.

If anyone could help that would be great.

Secret_Sqirrel

Midshipman
Ask your local AFCO is your best bet
Due to the complexity of qualifications contacting your local AFCO is the best course. It may be worth making an application anyway, due to the length of time the recruitment process can take.. The process is flexible so you're not "press-ganged" once you hit the apply button. This will also have the additional benefit of giving the AFCO sight of your qualifications enabling them to investigate with as much evidence as possible.

Hammer.b

Midshipman
Due to the complexity of qualifications contacting your local AFCO is the best course. It may be worth making an application anyway, due to the length of time the recruitment process can take.. The process is flexible so you're not "press-ganged" once you hit the apply button. This will also have the additional benefit of giving the AFCO sight of your qualifications enabling them to investigate with as much evidence as possible.
Cheers dits, might wanna quote the guy asking the question next time

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
So, what @Hammer.b said.