AM ANGRY THAT TAXPAYERS WILL FUND BNP ELECTION BID

Should the National front have same rights as other political parties


  • Total voters
    285

dunkers

War Hero
The BNP are a perfectly legitimate political party. You can't wish to live in a democracy but then say "oh but we don't want THAT particular party..."
 
Despite their views, they should still be allowed to say their piece - at least it'll give us an opportunity to query their intentions and make an informed choice at the polls.

Stifling debate wouldn't work as there would be no conter argument to their policies.
 

Jimmy_Green

War Hero
Whether one agrees with the NF's or BNP's policies or not (and most people do not), where public funding is available to political parties it should be available to all parties. It would be the thin end of the wedge and dangerous for those in power to prevent other legitimate parties from standing for parliament.
 
I agree all parties should have the same access to funding. Most people can only be bothered to listen to one aspect of the BNP's manifesto. They have some great (non race related!) ideas. But then, most parties do until they fail to implement them. Some are worrying, though.
What winds me up is the the government we have now can condemn the BNP all they like, yet still fail to see why people are voting that way. If they did something about the situations that people are protesting about, no-one would vote that way.
 

slim

War Hero
I think that a vote for the BNP is actually a protest vote against the other parties. The main political parties need to wake up and listen to the electorate for a change.
 
Having re-read the original post, i realise i'm talking about the BNP which the NF has split from. But still, they should be entitled, in my opinion, to voice their own and recieve funding for it the same as any other party.
 

Karma

War Hero
snapdragon said:
....voice their own and recieve funding for it the same as any other party.
Alternatively no political party receives funding from the public purse and they're all reliant on revenues that they can earn themselves.

Worth thinking about?
 
Any if they get their money from wealthy individuals it is called cash for questions or selling peerages.

You cant really have it both ways.
 
Any person or party can run for a post if they have the money and enough people putting you forward as well if I remember rightly, fail to gain a certain amount of votes and you forfeit your deposit.
Whether it's the BNP, Labour, Conservative or Monster Raving Looney Party. It's called democracy based on freedom of speech.
What's the real difference between the BNP and the Communist Party - not a lot really, both have extreme ideas.
As has been said, the BNP have a few "catching" policies" as did Labour, some great ideas and then you get the "other" policies that didn't get spoken about or were buried so deep you didn't know.

It's about time the only people allowed to run for government are self made businessmen/women, whether it be a brickie, a plumber, an IT guy - someone who has worked hard and made it, who's scrimped and saved and payed the bills - NOT a career politician straight out of university.

Anyone is eligible to run for power (proven criminals and non UK citizens excepted)

Any good men or women out there?
 

Jimmy_Green

War Hero
alhucoll said:
...Any good men or women out there?
The problem is that most of the good men and women don't want to be tarnished with the label of 'politician', which more and more seems to be a byeword for liar.

I did however, many months ago whilst listening to Jeremy Vine on Radio2, hear an interview with Councillor Mrs Lurline Champagnie, and what she said was quite refreshing. Can't remember what she said now but at the time it made a positive impression on me and made me think we could do with more people like her in politics.

If you've never heard of her, here's the link.

http://www2.harrow.gov.uk/mguserinfo.asp?uid=54
 
As we seem to be leading on to this "Good" politician thingy...................
Anyone vote for Boris Johnson?
At least you know what you're getting!
I'd vote for him.
I'd also vote vote for "Slim" or "Andym" at least we'd get realistic issues squared away.

Jimmy hit it on the head - the good ones DO not want to be tarnished.
I'll stand, my politics would be slightly to the right of Attila The Hun, i.e. good standards and moral standing. Wasters and parasites would be given an easy way out, out of the country to a third world siht hole, oops! sorry that's nearly the UK isn't it?

Bottom line, to count, you have to vote - you don't vote you do not have the right to grumble. Last election, the Conservatives got more votes than Labour - I'll let you think on that one.
At least the Conservatives told you when they were going to fcuk you. Single white working male, this Labour government has done the square root of fcuk all for me.
Rant over.
 
alhucoll said:
As we seem to be leading on to this "Good" politician thingy...................
Anyone vote for Boris Johnson?
At least you know what you're getting!
I'd vote for him.
I'd also vote vote for "Slim" or "Andym" at least we'd get realistic issues squared away.

Jimmy hit it on the head - the good ones DO not want to be tarnished.
I'll stand, my politics would be slightly to the right of Attila The Hun, i.e. good standards and moral standing. Wasters and parasites would be given an easy way out, out of the country to a third world siht hole, oops! sorry that's nearly the UK isn't it?

Bottom line, to count, you have to vote - you don't vote you do not have the right to grumble. Last election, the Conservatives got more votes than Labour - I'll let you think on that one.
At least the Conservatives told you when they were going to fcuk you. Single white working male, this Labour government has done the square root of fcuk all for me.
Rant over.
I'll vote for you mate... Agree in full with the above..
 
A democracy means everyone who abides by the rule of the country can be part of the discussion.

If they are part of the political landscape then at least they are accountable by the rule of law.

WM
 

dustyjack

Lantern Swinger
alhucoll said:
Wasters and parasites would be given an easy way out, out of the country to a third world siht hole, oops! sorry that's nearly the UK isn't it?
.
And who is the final arbitor of a waster and a parasite? Imagine Jack leaving the Mob after his 22 and not being able to find a job right away so he applies to the state for help until he does. Is Jack a parasite for leaching off the state? Many would say "No" given his 22 years service, but by strict definition, if he is living off the state then he is a parasite, so would you pack him off? It is all very well being to the right of Attila - but there are always shades of grey to every policy and sweeping statements don't hold up in real life.
 

slim

War Hero
dustyjack said:
alhucoll said:
Wasters and parasites would be given an easy way out, out of the country to a third world siht hole, oops! sorry that's nearly the UK isn't it?
.
And who is the final arbitor of a waster and a parasite? Imagine Jack leaving the Mob after his 22 and not being able to find a job right away so he applies to the state for help until he does. Is Jack a parasite for leaching off the state? Many would say "No" given his 22 years service, but by strict definition, if he is living off the state then he is a parasite, so would you pack him off? It is all very well being to the right of Attila - but there are always shades of grey to every policy and sweeping statements don't hold up in real life.
I left the RN in 1985 and through the use of the resettlement organisation was lucky enough to find work which I liked.
In the early 1980s (before I left) the government had a scheme which paid earnings related benefits for one year. This enabled people leaving the services or civilian jobs to look for a new job while at the same time not being under pressure to take the first available job (often unsuitable) on offer. Unfortunately this system was stopped.
For 22 years Jack has not been living off the state, but working for the state. This is what I would like to see for all long term unemployed on benefits, ie being made to work for the benefit rather than being given it.
 

Not_a_boffin

War Hero
I'd be less worried about some state funding the BNP and far more worried about Liabours preferred funding options for political parties. Having been rumbled on the loans for peerages scam, they're now proposing that the state (ie us taxpayers) fund ALL party political expenditure. That in itself is bad enough, but they also propose proportioal funding based on share of the vote which basically ensures the winner in an election gets the most party political funding, hence skewing the playing field for subsequent elections. The sooner we get these geryymandering b*stards out the better...
 

slim

War Hero
Not_a_boffin said:
I'd be less worried about some state funding the BNP and far more worried about Liabours preferred funding options for political parties. Having been rumbled on the loans for peerages scam, they're now proposing that the state (ie us taxpayers) fund ALL party political expenditure. That in itself is bad enough, but they also propose proportioal funding based on share of the vote which basically ensures the winner in an election gets the most party political funding, hence skewing the playing field for subsequent elections. The sooner we get these geryymandering b*stards out the better...
I think many forget that this is the party originally elected on a stand against SLEEZE :evil:
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
slim said:
I think that a vote for the BNP is actually a protest vote against the other parties. The main political parties need to wake up and listen to the electorate for a change.
Political apathy is no excuse for voting for the BNP! If people are dissatisfied with other parties manifestoes then they should spoil their vote, not just vote for 'the other team' out of spite. I'm not trying to draw an analogy but that is how the SD Party was voted into power in Germany in the 30s, by playing on the public's distorted sense of national pride and insecurities at the time.

I agree wholeheartedly with Slim's POV that other parties should wake up and listen to the electorate, but people should be careful what they wish for... :shock:
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
frogman007 Angry Crabmariners Current Affairs 8
T Former sailor angry he won't receive Diamond Jubilee medal The Quarterdeck 73
jefferson1666 stupid asthma problems.. sorry angry doc o worry alot about these things.. Health & Fitness 18
jesse Where are the angry authors of today? The Book Club 5
S Angry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 85
wanabedoc Cycle train/hippy bastards - angry rants & advice welcome Travel & The Great Outdoors 15
A Young, Angry and White Current Affairs 13
sgtpepperband "Angry", of Tunbridge Wells... The Quarterdeck 6
Naval_Gazer Sailor who ordered the first angry shot International 1
M one for angry doc.. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
finknottle How angry does this make you? Current Affairs 16
chockhead819 F*ING ANGRY Current Affairs 31
MoD_RSS £11 billion boost for taxpayers facing difficulty due to coronavirus (COVID-19) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 31 million taxpayers to get April tax cut MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Loans sale to return £4.9 billion to UK taxpayers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Self Assessment taxpayers have one week left to file their return MoD News 0
T Scottish MSPs creative uses of Scottish taxpayers money (1) The Gash Barge 0
geoffg Waste of Taxpayers Money The Quarterdeck 23
slim Globe-trotter Prescott lands taxpayers with £500,000 expense Diamond Lil's 4
Shakey How to usefully spend £7.4m of taxpayers money. Current Affairs 8
MoD_RSS Government’s £40 million Green Recovery Challenge Fund opens for applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Embassy supports United Nations Population Fund project in Ashgabat MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Homes England and Invest & Fund launch 7-year lending partnership to support small builders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government to fund international Covid-19 studies in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £2 million fund for local action on air quality MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government to fund COVID-19 research in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for Proposals: The UK Government’s Conflict, Stability and Security Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Culture Recovery Fund saves 135 grassroots music venues with emergency grants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New £3.3 million fund to give babies from deprived areas or BAME backgrounds the best start in life MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prague Programme Fund: call for bids 2020/21 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK launches £3 million innovation challenge fund in India MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Prime Minister has reappointed Jim Dixon and Perdita Hunt as Trustees of the National Heritage Memorial Fund. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus: £100m Zoo Animals Fund opens for applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Wildlife crime and conservation expert John Scanlon appointed chair of UK government’s Illegal Wildlife Trade Challenge Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Safer Streets Fund to tackle burglary and theft MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK space innovation programme launches with fund for climate change and communications projects MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for proposals for the UK Government’s Conflict, Stability and Security Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lesotho: call for bids for COVID-19 community fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government fund creates collaborative farming communities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Jenrick launches £266 million housing fund for vulnerable people MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fisheries Response Fund (FRF) appeals process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government announces £40 million green jobs challenge fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed John Mothersole as the England Chair of the National Lottery Community Fund. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Kate Still as the Scotland Chair of the National Lottery Community Fund. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More firms can now benefit from the Future Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for proposals: International Programme Fund 2020/21 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Contingency fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fund to support dairy farmers opens for applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Flood-hit farmers can now apply to £6 million fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Places of Worship Protective Security Fund open for applications MoD News 0
Similar threads


















































Top