Already SC cleared... do I need to do the forms again?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Feagal, Mar 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I'm already SC cleared from a previous job with MoD - do I need to fill out all the forms again and wait or should i be ok to just bring in the paperwork with my previous on?

Thanks in advance for any advice from people in the know.

2. Depends how long ago it was.

If it remains extant then it can be reactivated, if it doesn't you have to do it all again.
  3. Ask the AFCO adviser/recruiter?
  4. Doc you sure your not TIM :lol: :lol:
  5. 'Twas about Aug 05 so it has about 5 or 6 years left to run, methinks?

I've had a chat with the AFCO but they weren't entirely sure.

Anyway, thanks for the responses - if anyone's got any other input, I'd love to hear it.
  6. Ninja Stoker and Supermario are the guys for questions on recruitment - I'm sure that one or the other will be around later.
  7. Not saying I am and I'm not saying I'm not*

*is actually saying he's not
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

There are diferent levels of security clearance & the clearance only remains extant for 12 montha after you leave a post that required it. (Basic Check, Security Check, Couner Terrorist Check, Re-Vet & Developed Vetting)

The other peculiarity with security clearance & CRB Disclosure is that it may onlly be valid for certain posts & may need revalidating or simply transferring if still valid.

In most cases, the best option is just to complete the form to enable any changes to be recorded & evaluated to permit the transfer.
  9. Hi Ninja_Stoker,

I was BC and SC before but from your post it looks like I will need to do the paperwork again as it's been over a year since I left that job... nevermind I love filling out forms.... mmmm... luvverly tick boxes... please fill in using black ink... ooh baby...

Right, cheers.
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You're just the person we're looking for as we simply love sending forms.

Bargain - when can you start? :lol:

In the ideal world the forms could be completed online & uploaded onto the recruiting system. But, as we're still using a testing method from 1943 rather than a computer-based one like the Army have been using for the last ten years - don't hold your breath. :(
    • Like Like x 1