Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Already SC cleared... do I need to do the forms again?

Feagal

Badgeman
Hi,

I'm already SC cleared from a previous job with MoD - do I need to fill out all the forms again and wait or should i be ok to just bring in the paperwork with my previous on?

Thanks in advance for any advice from people in the know.

Cheers.

War Hero
Depends how long ago it was.

If it remains extant then it can be reactivated, if it doesn't you have to do it all again.

Feagal

Badgeman
Karma said:
Depends how long ago it was.

If it remains extant then it can be reactivated, if it doesn't you have to do it all again.

'Twas about Aug 05 so it has about 5 or 6 years left to run, methinks?

I've had a chat with the AFCO but they weren't entirely sure.

Anyway, thanks for the responses - if anyone's got any other input, I'd love to hear it.

soleil

War Hero
Ninja Stoker and Supermario are the guys for questions on recruitment - I'm sure that one or the other will be around later.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
There are diferent levels of security clearance & the clearance only remains extant for 12 montha after you leave a post that required it. (Basic Check, Security Check, Couner Terrorist Check, Re-Vet & Developed Vetting)

The other peculiarity with security clearance & CRB Disclosure is that it may onlly be valid for certain posts & may need revalidating or simply transferring if still valid.

In most cases, the best option is just to complete the form to enable any changes to be recorded & evaluated to permit the transfer.

Feagal

Badgeman
Hi Ninja_Stoker,

I was BC and SC before but from your post it looks like I will need to do the paperwork again as it's been over a year since I left that job... nevermind I love filling out forms.... mmmm... luvverly tick boxes... please fill in using black ink... ooh baby...

Right, cheers.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Feagal said:
...I love filling out forms.... mmmm... luvverly tick boxes... please fill in using black ink... ooh baby...

Right, cheers.

You're just the person we're looking for as we simply love sending forms.

Bargain - when can you start? :lol:

In the ideal world the forms could be completed online & uploaded onto the recruiting system. But, as we're still using a testing method from 1943 rather than a computer-based one like the Army have been using for the last ten years - don't hold your breath. :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Official figures show that the furlough scheme has worked: saving jobs and helping more than half of employees back to work already MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Public encouraged to register for COVID-19 vaccine trials as 100,000 already sign-up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Our tech sector has already attracted more foreign investment this year than it did for the whole of 2018: article by Nicky Morgan MoD News 0
J Worried already Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
D we are already at war? Current Affairs 11
Walter_white Should I do A levels and become an officer even though I've already applied as a rating? Joining the Royal Navy 25
Jockanese Mine Warfare (I know, it's already on here but...) The Fleet 5
MoD_RSS News story: First Arctic Star medals already in production MoD News 0
L Don't worry about tomorrow, you already did that yesterday Miscellaneous 4
WhiteRose T45s already up for sale The Quarterdeck 7
rod-gearing Forgotten already Diamond Lil's 2
nufc70 anyone already been to raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
scotsparamedic Paramedic already in RAF Reserves transfer possible to Navy? The Quarterdeck 8
Married_to_the_Corps Brand spankers and bashtardised already... RMR 6
S Question for people who passed there training already... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
oneredpanther Already passed RAF Pilot FAT, FAA Requires Retake? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
F GORDON BROWN,I'M SICK OF HIM ALREADY!! Current Affairs 27
brazenhussy enough already!!!!!!!!!! Diamond Lil's 257
steamy_stokes had to join cause wify already on here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS Cellnex’s purchase of Arqiva cleared by CMA after thorough review MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Merger between betting firms cleared by the CMA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Payment software deal cleared by CMA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Magazine and tech sites merger to be cleared if concerns overcome MoD News 0
MoD_RSS LN-Gaiety’s purchase of MCD cleared by CMA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pharmaceutical merger cleared by CMA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pub merger to be cleared if local concerns overcome MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Major demolition milestone at HS2’s Old Oak Common site as Great Western sheds cleared MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Aer Lingus / CityJet deal cleared for take-off MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Illegally dumped waste at Redbrook Lane cleared MoD News 0
R Seeking 5 Cleared Electrical/HW Testing Engineers The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
MoD_RSS News story: F-35 jet and new batch of UK pilots cleared for Carrier take-off, Defence... MoD News 2
Sgt Jobsearch DV Cleared Green Badge - Data Cabling Engineer in Cheltenham The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob SC Cleared Repair Manager - Bristol - £300 per day The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Seadog Nigel Evans Cleared Current Affairs 6
soleil Herald: "4x4 Bumper Among Beach Debris Cleared By Royal Navy" Bases / Shore Est 12
soleil Japan Times: "SDF Engine Parts [Kawasaki] Cleared For Export To British Navy" The Fleet 2
trelawney126 Turbulent cleared of Trawler Sinking Submariners 9
C Senior Project Manager, DV Cleared, London, £60k pa+ ASAP Start The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: DV Cleared Vacancies The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: SC Cleared Vacancies The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: SC and DV Cleared Vacancies The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop SC Cleared - DATA INPUT - ADMININSTRATOR - HEATHROW The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Project Manager - SC Cleared (Submarine & Naval/Maritime) The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: DV Cleared Security IT Professionals Required – South West The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: DV Cleared IT Professionals Required – South West The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Project Manager - SC Cleared (Submarine & Naval/Maritime) The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Environmental Management Consultants (SC Cleared) The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: x3 2nd Line Support Engineers - SC Cleared The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Service Delivery Manager (SC Cleared) The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Desktop Rollout Engineer - DV Cleared The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0