Already passed RAF Pilot FAT, FAA Requires Retake?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by oneredpanther, Oct 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon chaps,
    I'm about to put myself through the grinder for selection as a pilot in the FAA.
    Some years before university (circa 2002) I applied to the RAF as a pilot and (according to the debrief) missed it quite narrowly.

I passed every single aptitude test and as such have the green piece of paper with the OASC stamp on it saying in bold letters "PILOT: [X] PASSED"

My question is: Will I need to do all this all over again if I turn up at the AIB with my green paper in hand?

With thanks,

2. I should hope so.

Because a pilot in the senior service is far superior in every aspect than those with crabair.

But sorry, I dont have the definitive answer.
  3. You prob will mate because all the services test individually I think. Thats not a def answer tho mate.

Good luck mate, well done for going for navy over crabs :)
  4. For what it is worth (and bearing in mind it is almost 20 year old info), the Navy can use previous test results from a different service to avoid having to repeat them. Not sure of the exact ins and outs, but if it still test has remained unchanged since the last time you did it there should be no problem. When I joined up post Crab service (I know, saw the light!) the Navy took my previous test results and used them. Sped up the joining process considerably. Like I said, this was a long time ago though!

Hope it helps - there are precedents
  5. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

My personal opinion would be yes, purely because of the time frame. I will bounce this over to newbies though in the hope of catching Ninja_Stokers' attention, lets hope he isn't still randomly deleting posts (he! he! he!)
  6. If you could please mention on your medical questionnaire that you've had a medical at OASC Cranwell, then a consent form will be sent to you for that medical report from Cranwell to be sent to the RN's Air Medical Board, thus saving a lot of time and ball-ache all round.
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Oooh, you're only remembered for your last mistake, eh?

OK I desisted, in this case....

Hiya Panth,

Yep, FATs will need to be repeated because of timescale &, let's face it, you're probably only applying for the RN as a pilot 'cos you're now too old for the RAF. The RN is obviously much more enlightened & appreciates you have much to offer.

We ain't called "senior" for nuthin'!