Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Already passed RAF Pilot FAT, FAA Requires Retake?

Afternoon chaps,
I'm about to put myself through the grinder for selection as a pilot in the FAA.
Some years before university (circa 2002) I applied to the RAF as a pilot and (according to the debrief) missed it quite narrowly.

I passed every single aptitude test and as such have the green piece of paper with the OASC stamp on it saying in bold letters "PILOT: [X] PASSED"

My question is: Will I need to do all this all over again if I turn up at the AIB with my green paper in hand?

With thanks,

Panth

Jimbo3188

Badgeman
I should hope so.

Because a pilot in the senior service is far superior in every aspect than those with crabair.

But sorry, I dont have the definitive answer.

Saxon

Badgeman
You prob will mate because all the services test individually I think. Thats not a def answer tho mate.

Good luck mate, well done for going for navy over crabs :)

boredwafu

Lantern Swinger
For what it is worth (and bearing in mind it is almost 20 year old info), the Navy can use previous test results from a different service to avoid having to repeat them. Not sure of the exact ins and outs, but if it still test has remained unchanged since the last time you did it there should be no problem. When I joined up post Crab service (I know, saw the light!) the Navy took my previous test results and used them. Sped up the joining process considerably. Like I said, this was a long time ago though!

Hope it helps - there are precedents

chieftiff

War Hero
My personal opinion would be yes, purely because of the time frame. I will bounce this over to newbies though in the hope of catching Ninja_Stokers' attention, lets hope he isn't still randomly deleting posts (he! he! he!)

DancesWithJPA

Lantern Swinger
If you could please mention on your medical questionnaire that you've had a medical at OASC Cranwell, then a consent form will be sent to you for that medical report from Cranwell to be sent to the RN's Air Medical Board, thus saving a lot of time and ball-ache all round.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
chieftiff said:
My personal opinion would be yes, purely because of the time frame. I will bounce this over to newbies though in the hope of catching Ninja_Stokers' attention, lets hope he isn't still randomly deleting posts (he! he! he!)

Oooh, you're only remembered for your last mistake, eh?

OK I desisted, in this case....

Hiya Panth,

Yep, FATs will need to be repeated because of timescale &, let's face it, you're probably only applying for the RN as a pilot 'cos you're now too old for the RAF. The RN is obviously much more enlightened & appreciates you have much to offer.

We ain't called "senior" for nuthin'!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Question for people who passed there training already... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
MoD_RSS Official figures show that the furlough scheme has worked: saving jobs and helping more than half of employees back to work already MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Public encouraged to register for COVID-19 vaccine trials as 100,000 already sign-up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Our tech sector has already attracted more foreign investment this year than it did for the whole of 2018: article by Nicky Morgan MoD News 0
J Worried already Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
D we are already at war? Current Affairs 11
Walter_white Should I do A levels and become an officer even though I've already applied as a rating? Joining the Royal Navy 25
Jockanese Mine Warfare (I know, it's already on here but...) The Fleet 5
MoD_RSS News story: First Arctic Star medals already in production MoD News 0
L Don't worry about tomorrow, you already did that yesterday Miscellaneous 4
WhiteRose T45s already up for sale The Quarterdeck 7
rod-gearing Forgotten already Diamond Lil's 2
nufc70 anyone already been to raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
F Already SC cleared... do I need to do the forms again? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
scotsparamedic Paramedic already in RAF Reserves transfer possible to Navy? The Quarterdeck 8
Married_to_the_Corps Brand spankers and bashtardised already... RMR 6
F GORDON BROWN,I'M SICK OF HIM ALREADY!! Current Affairs 27
brazenhussy enough already!!!!!!!!!! Diamond Lil's 257
steamy_stokes had to join cause wify already on here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS Report 06/2020: Signal passed at stop and near miss, Deansgate-Castlefield tram stop, Manchester MoD News 0
K Passed medical, what is next and how long should I expect before intake? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Signal passed at danger and subsequent near-miss at Chalfont & Latimer station MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Signals passed at danger near Crofton West Junction MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Signal passed at danger near Loughborough MoD News 0
LeedsBornLeedsBred Passed out 5 week ago, here to answer any questions. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
S Medical - passed back to Navy to decide ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
MoD_RSS News story: Opt-out organ donation: Max and Keira's Bill passed into law MoD News 0
couper172 Passed RT with higher score, not sure what to role to choose Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
U Passed running test first week of September - not heard anything back yet Joining the Royal Navy 5
N Medical appointment after being passed medically fit Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
T Son passed out of Raleigh last week Joining the Royal Navy 5
W Passed AIB however told selection unlikely Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
J Passed AIB with a near Perfect Score, what can I do while I wait? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 41
C Newly Passed Pilots, how was your time? The Fleet Air Arm 5
C just passed medical and im wondering whats next? any insights and Im wondering where I do my pjft? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
G Have you ever passed Medical underweight? Gaining Weight before Recruiting Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
MenInSlacks Passed RT now Initial officer interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
D Passed RT but I didn't get my job choice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
R Passed my RT will police caution halt my path? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Jake K PASSED PRNC, Basic training starting 15th May. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
C Passed almost everything Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
A congrats you passed AIB... but unlikely to be selected Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
H passed my pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
77DEEPS77 Anyone Passed their interview for the 2014 intake yet? RFA 157
J Passed Interview - Worried about colour perception! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
Red_Ferny Passed my selection interview! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
Red_Ferny Passed my RT! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
J Passed medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Andy_Cap Father-in law passed away Nearest & Dearest 2
LaurenMc Passed my interview!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20