Allocation of GSSR deployments.

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by Sooty, Apr 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I recently recieved an email with an update as to the availability of deployments for RNR.

SW region had four opportunities of 1 and two week slots.

SE region also had four opportunities of 1 and 2 week slots.

The Northern Region had one opportunity of 4 months.

The Central region also had one opportunity of four months, starting over the Christmas period.

Is it me or does this seem a little unfair. The two southern regions are offered ORT opportunities while the rest are only offered four month deployments! They are also offered more opportunities.

Couple this with the email from the RFPO who specifies that his unit will "get first shout" at any deployments and it all looks a little poor for the central and Northern regions.

Having said that the Northern region do seem to be extremely organised when it comes to passing information throughout the region.

Has anyone else noticed this or am i being paranoid?

2. Must have spoken to you at Tipner, in the butts?

If not then,no, you're not the only one who has noticed this. It stinks, but then again, what do you expect at the moment.

Apparently, the regular Navy doesn't know what the GSS(R) branch is, so we will be renamed. Any suggestions?

3. If SE region has been offered "SE region also had four opportunities of 1 and 2 week slots." I who am based down there ain't aware of them.

I suspect that they don't exist.

4. sorry pal, i was at my sisters wedding inScotland all weekend. Quite a few people at our unit have mentioned it though and a few of them were there thos weekend. Not sure if any were in your butt though. :lol:

5. Possibly because they all appear to be full. The email has come directly fom the top, I've followed the chain down the email from the top to the bottom to see who initiated the email.

6. I heard that due to the North/South divide and the economic and social decline of the North that you all got offered the 4 month one as you have no jobs and would appreciate the extended opportunity and the cash...!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

7. laugh, i almost bought a round ! :wink:

8. Warmonger, steady, as a punch in the mouth often offends !!!!!!!!!!!

9. Damn...nearly got a full on bite.......happy with a nibble though.... :lol: :lol:

10. Never bite matey, to long in the tooth for that, but you could always buy this northern lad an ale or two :?: :D