Alleged Faslane Sailors rampaging through Helensburgh

DutyWretch

Just as likely to be perce from that camp up the hill running wild.

I remember being sat in the Garth when a load of 29 cdo lads piled in, the usual gobbing off and attempting to snake people's lady friends...

I pointed the ring leader in the direction of Mariners and told them they'd have a better time.

I think those same lads, getting slapped up and and down the water front shortly after, was the one and only time I've ever seen the locals, Matelots, and Bootnecks, all working side by side for the common good.

RAYMONDO

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/drunken-sailors-rampage-frightened-faslane-10903835

Not the best advertisement for our finest. Probably embellished quite a bit by the Daily Record but it still does not make good reading.
On board movie was Cabaret. Ashore in Invererry singing "Tommorow belongs to me" from film whilst drunk on Jetty about 15 crew. We happened to all do Nazi salute from the song. Daily Record somehow got photos. Next Morning "NaziPolaris
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/drunken-sailors-rampage-frightened-faslane-10903835

Not the best advertisement for our finest. Probably embellished quite a bit by the Daily Record but it still does not make good reading.
Walked with Girls and women on CND march Burg to Base whilst a Ted drunk to chat up Women. Got to main gate, out came ID cards and we walked past security. Daily Record Report Polaris CND Crew supports CND. Skipper knot too happy. Cant beat a good Dit.

huwshpis

War Hero
It's much the same in any coastal town which depended upon it's indigenous Naval fraternity. Pompey, Guzz, Dunfs, they'd all collapse under their own mass like a black hole if the mob suddenly fucked off. Look what happened to Chatham in the 1980s.

. . .

pommpey
It still hasn't recovered.

BillyNoMates

War Hero
I was often on the receiving end of a battering after a sesh down the 'burgh.
This was mostly because having got back to Neptune I always fell asleep at my mess table face down in a fish supper.

Pandaplodder

Badgeman
Anybody old enough to remember 'Beach Ya Bas' a 'gang' of losers in the Burg in the 70s who used to target Jack.

I'm from the Burg and I'd laugh my knob off if the Mob eventually left - the economy, such as it is would collapse overnight. And not just in the town, but MUCH further afield.

Helensburgh is now run/controlled by Argyll and Bute Council from Lochgilphead - any of you ever even HEARD of Lochgilphead, let alone been there? No, thought not!
I have many years ago visited the place briefly on a sailing trip, the Crinan Canal is there!