All time top 5 songs + top album/ CD?

If I could take ony 5 albums with me onto a desert island they would be;

1. Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd (or Eclipse Live album. Comfortably Numb solo blows me away)
2. Electric Ladyland - Jimi Hendrix
3. Amused to Death - Roger Waters
4. Led Zep 4 - Led Zeppelin
5. Muddy Waters Greatest Hits
with your nickname it was always going to be a david gilmour/pink floyd one that was going to do it for you wasn't it

my top five are

Dark side of the moon - pink floyd
wish you were here - pink floyd
Ten - pearl jam
bleach - nirvana
animals - pink floyd

and songs are:

Echoes - pink floyd
Guaranteed - eddie vedder
the man who sold the world - david bowie
in my life - the beatles
Comfortably numb - pink floyd

with your nickname it was always going to be a david gilmour/pink floyd one that was going to do it for you wasn't it

my top five are

Dark side of the moon - pink floyd
wish you were here - pink floyd
Ten - pearl jam
bleach - nirvana
animals - pink floyd

and songs are:

Echoes - pink floyd
Guaranteed - eddie vedder
the man who sold the world - david bowie
in my life - the beatles
Comfortably numb - pink floyd
Have you heard the version of Echoes from Dave Gilmour Live in Gdansk?
If I could I would take all my albums with me. Last count about 650 inc CD's, vinyl and cassettes. Even had some reel to reel at one stage plus all the downloads.

Have you heard the version of Echoes from Dave Gilmour Live in Gdansk?
If I could I would take all my albums with me. Last count about 650 inc CD's, vinyl and cassettes. Even had some reel to reel at one stage plus all the downloads.
Yeah got that on vinyl but the best version ive ever heard was when i went to watch him in manchester for the on an island tour seeing echoes live proper blew me away, ive got my tickets for roger waters performing the wall in manchester as well comfortaly numb won't be the same without gilmour

Yeah got that on vinyl but the best version ive ever heard was when i went to watch him in manchester for the on an island tour seeing echoes live proper blew me away, ive got my tickets for roger waters performing the wall in manchester as well comfortaly numb won't be the same without gilmour
Heard Comfortably a couple of times without Mr Gilmour - it's not the same. Saw Australian Pink Floyd perform The Wall - they were very good and they have a massive following. In fact so good, going back to see them again. They've got all the inflatables and everything.

OK here goes...

Top songs:

I'll be Around: Detroit Spinners
Super Lady: Luther Vandross
Million Dollar Bill: Whitney Houston
Don't Worry Baby: The Beach Boys
White Knuckle Ride: Jamiroquai

In terms of an album, basically anything of Jamiroquai's... Their best yet is their current one, "Rock Dust Light Star". But it's very difficult to pick just one!!

Out in the Park - Sarah Slean
Dare to Live - Andrea Bocellia & Laura Pausini
Sunshine of your Love - Cream
Tainted Love - Imelda May
Last Years War - Sarah Slean

Best Albums - Orphan Music - Sarah Slean
Inside Out - Imelda May

Last edited:
ACDC: Back to black
David Bowie: Gene Genie
Deep Purple: Smoke over water
Guns and Roses: Welcome to the jungle
Rolling stones: Satisfaction

Best album ACDC Iron man 2 soundtrack

JagerGirl

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
What an evil thing to have to do. I can't narrow it down to 5 (some have already been said so left them out).

Today's 5 are:

Sweet child in time - Deep Purple
Silent Lucidity - Queensryche
The man with the child in his eyes - Kate Bush
Fanfare for the common man - EL&P
Kashmir or Thank You - Led Zep

Current albums in CD player are Inside Out - Imelda May and Moonlight Serenade - Andre Rieu.

Top 5 Albums:

Entire back catalogues of AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd, Rush & Paul Weller (inc The Jam, Style Council and solo stuff).

Last edited:
Aussie Pink Floyd

Was at the Aussie Pink Floyd Concert last night. They rocked. The guy doing the Comfortably Numb solo got it licked. Note perfect. Big inflatable kangeroo as a special guest. Second half of the concert - the background film was 3D and we all had 3D specs handed out. Played all the Floyd favourites and some early stuff. Don't know what people think about cover bands but Aussie Floyd are brilliant in their own right. Light show fantastic. If you're a Floyd fan - go and see them. You won't be disappointed. :-D

Magda

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I'm bored whilst waiting for my lunch to ping in the microwave, so I thought I'd add my tuppence:

TOP 5 (very very hard to decide!)

Martha Reeves and the Vandellas - Dancing in the Street (One of THE best party songs, guaranteed to get everyone dancing)

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - Jungleland (The song which turned me from a teenybopper in to a proper music fan. I was 13 and will never forget watching "Live in NYC" on TV, chin on the floor as Clarence Clemens did his solo. Never looked back.)

Saint-Saens - The Swan (Remember listening to this as a child, and still think it's beautiful.)

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - The River (The other song which converted me into a proper music fan. Gives me shivers. This is, in my opinion, the BEST live version of the song, ever.)

Vaughan Williams - The Greensleeves Suite (Pretentious perhaps, but still some of the loveliest music around. A little slice of England. To be honest, anything by Vaughan Williams is great...)

BEST ALBUM/CD

Christ, how do you decide?! I think I'll have to go for CD I enjoy most every time I listen to it. Won't come as a surprise if you look at my Top 5 =-)

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - Live in NYC (2001)

Right now?

Everything has changed - Taylor Swift ft Ed Sheeran
22 - Taylor Swift
Figure 8 - Ellie Goulding
Love me again - John Newman
I love it - Icona Pop

Lets not nitpick that too much, eh? It changes like every week. I don't have a permanent top five unfortunatley!

Top 5 songs for me are
Guns'n'Roses - Don't you cry tonight
Chris Isaak - Wicked game
Oasis - Wonderwall
Pink Floyd - Wish you were here
Ricky Martin - Livin' la vida loca :D
I'm not such good expert in music and don't know the names of albums, but my colleague from SamedayPapers knows, here is his top:
U2 - The Joshua tree 1987
Nirvana - Nevermind 1991
Led zeppelin - Led zeppelin 4 1971
Bob Dylan - Blood on the tracks 1974
Coldplay - A rush of blood to the head 2002

Pulp - Common People
The Killers - Mr Brightside
Ruarri Joseph - Won't Work
The Wombats - Kill The Director
Russell Watson - Someone to Remember Me

1. More than a feeling, Boston.
2.Automatic, Amy Macdonald.
3. Sweet Child of mine, Guns And Roses.
4.Raining in my heart,(Status Quo cover).
5.Go your own way, Fleetwood Mac.
Album: Like an Arrow, Blackberry Smoke.