All Smokers!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by oscar_the_grouch, Apr 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

To all you smokers, I have recently quit smoking (6 weeks tomorrow) and feel fantastic only slight cravings (which went after a week) and none of the usual 'Im going to fcuking kill someone if I dont have a fag' depression you normally get. This is no small part to an amazing book I read called Allen Carrs - The easy way to stop smoking. If you hoping to join read it. It works!

The link to amazon is below £4.50 which is a quid cheaper than a pack of twenty!
  2. By the way Im not Allen Carr, just a very satisfied customer.

Also its not this massive twat -

3. Oscar,

:?: Give me your:

4. Not any use advising that it takes up to ten years to finally get it out of the system then ?
  5. Get what out of your system?
  6. I just stopped smoking didn't cost me a penny! Not smoked now since 3rd of August.

No gimics
  7. Its great isnt it?

The book isnt really a gimic though, it just dispells a lot of myths about smoking. I had tried a lot of different methods but ultimately it was just stopping smoking and getting my head around the fact that I didnt actually need fags.
  8. The only way to give up smoking is to actually want to. It was the right time for me and so I did. If you really want to stop then do it. Getting patches and stuff isn't stopping, in my opinion is just a form of excuse to not really wanting to.
  9. The urge to smoke !!
    Then you morph into one of those people that absolutely detest smoke and smokers !

10. It worked for my old man as well, and he was seriously dubious that it would work and the point of giving up. Previously he had only lasted 3 years off the weed tops with major cravings the whole time, now he has been stopped for well over 5 (had one small relapse at a new job where everyone smoked, but stopped again within a couple of months as he was hacked off that he started again) and says he doesnt miss it at all.

He lent it to a few workmates who also have managed to stay off the evil weed as well.

So best fiver I have ever spent.
  11. Seriously, I dont feel that way at all I have not had one bad craving yet and the way you describe is through willpower anyway the book doesnt use the willpower method. At £4.50 you cant go wrong even if you just it out of curiosity. Have you read the hundreds of 5 star reviews on amazon by any chance?

Im not one of these holier than thou ex smokers either. I just thought I would pass this on as it helped be a lot and the only reason I brought it was due to my doctor recomending it
  12. I have to thank the NHS for me giving up smoking. I went to the docs about 5 years ago to ask for patches, After a speach about how glad he was I wanted to quit. He told me that I could not have patches without going to smoking cessation classes.

Typicaly these were on weekdays and within office hours. Not ideal when you have just started a new job. I explained that I could not really do that, but he still would not give me the patches.

So pretty much stood up and said fcuk you Doc I'll do it my self. And havent smoked a single cigarette sice.
  13. Yet !! :p

On the serious note, I have met a few ex-smokers (my ex was one) and to a person - ( PC see !! ;) ) all have been vehemently anti smoking and smokers.
    Mrs WM (the current one) is a reformed smoker, and she also can't stand the smoke trailing from people's mouths as they walk the streets.
    IMHO the worst thing about smokers, is the litter on the ground outside in the street - but thats down to the knee-jerk reaction of the Stasi in power at this moment.

I tried the dreaded coffin nail myself at one time, but thankfully after waking up on following mornings with a mouth like a camel's jockstrap, it put me off for life.

If you do succeed, and I wish you well, you'll probably save oodles of cash .... ready for the tax increases to come ...... :lol:
  14. I used Allan carr's easy way to stop smoking too. The man's a genius theres no BS or gimmick, just common sense.
  15. Poofs. If you stop smoking you turn into Allan Carr, FACT.

More fags for me then, fucking quitters.
  16. I didn't buy it 'cos I thought he was that squeaky voiced snapper of a comedian. Used the money to buy some cigars instead.
  17. Friggin hell Whitemouse, you're a bit cynical there.
    I have not smoked for 4 years, have no cravings whatsoever, and do not foresee me ever smoking again.
    I have smokers in this house(well garden as no one smokes indoors) and the smell of the smoke neither upsets me or makes me crave.
    I did not stop smoking because I wanted to, and was on 60 untipped a day, sometimes more if I was stressed.
    And as an ex smoker, I know that those who smoke(that I mix with) are intelligent enough to know that the weed is so not good for them, they don't need me nagging at them. :) :wink:
  18. You'll soon smoke when we light that fire under you :wink:
  19. Do YOU want to smoke ME Wrecks? :oops: :D
    I am a player, but you will need to bring lots of gold leaf to suck my nub.
    You fag :D :roll: :wink:
    I live at number 6, park drive, just by the embassy in pall mall.
    And I was Senior Service :wink:
  20. I'll turn up with the Guards, they'll be in No 10's and I'll be in No 6's. I take it the address on the door is John Player (Speshul). There'll be a couple of chav's as well, Mr Lambert and Mr Butler.