Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

all posts about the scots

docherty

Badgeman
:twisted: here is a wee joke about the view of scots on the English.

3 guys, 1 Irish, 1 English and 1 Scotch, are walking along the beach one day and come across a lantern and a Genie pops out of it.
"I give you each one wish, that's three wishes in total", says the Genie.
The Irish guy says, "I am a fisherman, my Dad's a fisherman, his Dad was a fisherman and my son will be one too. I want all the oceans full of fish for all eternity."
So, with a blink of the Genie's eye "AlKaZoom" the oceans were teaming with fish.
The English guy was amazed, so he said, "I want a wall around England, protecting her, so that nothing will get in for all eternity.
Again, with a blink of the Genie's eye "AlkaZoom - POOF" there was a huge wall around England. The Scot asks, "I'm very curious. Please tell me more about this wall.
The Genie explains, "Well, it's about 150 feet high, 50 feet thick, protecting England so that nothing can get in or out."
The Scot says, "Ach, fill it up with water." :hello1: :hello1:

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
Like a Porridge Wog would know what water is...........

Of course we know all about water - after the emount that falls out of the sky on us :( !!!

However, the challenge seems to be in showing various English 'country' gentlemen what soap is used for. (You can include scousers in this :lol: )

docherty

Badgeman
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
Like a Porridge Wog would know what water is...........

we drink water in a fermented form as it has grater effects on the body including beer goggles that can make the ugliest of jelly ells eating cokney to look half attractive.

Tight Scot cnuts

Old Sandy was dying. Tenderly, his wife Maggie knelt by his bedside and asked:
‘Anything I can get you, Sandy?’
No reply.
‘Have ye no’ a last wish, Sandy?’ Faintly, came the answer. . . ‘a wee bit of yon boiled ham.’
‘Wheesht, man,’ said Maggie, ‘ye ken fine that’s for the funeral.’

Gombear

War Hero
I trust our cousins, north of the border, will be supporting England's endeavours against johnny foreigner" at Wembley this evening. :)

Gombear said:
I trust our cousins, north of the border, will be supporting England's endeavours against johnny foreigner" at Wembley this evening. :)

:D Dont bank on it Gombear,if i know the jockanees they will be praying for johnny foreigner to slaughter England :D

NorwayChris said:
Gombear said:

:D Dont bank on it Gombear,if i know the jockanees they will be praying for johnny foreigner to slaughter England :D

Not at all...some of us Scots quite like the Englishstanis...and anyway...you ARE Johnny Foreigner!!

Trooped_Again said:
NorwayChris said:
Gombear said:

Not at all...some of us Scots quite like the Englishstanis...and anyway...you ARE Johnny Foreigner!!

I have nothing against the scots people but thats quite true what you say,i did feel a little uneasy when i was based in Rosyth on the Jersey,just a feeling i got now and then that we ( the Englishstanis) wernt welcome,

We're a mad lot...a good friend and colleugue of mine was a lady of Pakistani parentage, asked her if she ever encountered any racism, she said "some, but mostly because of my Yorkshire accent...none because of my great tan!"

Gombear

War Hero
Actually, I am half Scottish myself.
There, I admit it damn you!

“We’re doomed I tell ye! doooomed!â€. 8O

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
NorwayChris said:
Trooped_Again said:
NorwayChris said:
Gombear said:

I have nothing against the scots people but thats quite true what you say,i did feel a little uneasy when i was based in Rosyth on the Jersey,just a feeling i got now and then that we ( the Englishstanis) wernt welcome,

Try being in a Helensburgh boozer during a world cup/euro footie match when England are playing. Never heard a Scot cheer when England won or scored!!!!

WreckerL said:
NorwayChris said:
Trooped_Again said:
NorwayChris said:
Gombear said:

Try being in a Helensburgh boozer during a world cup/euro footie match when England are playing. Never heard a Scot cheer when England won or scored!!!!

So true so true :D

docherty

Badgeman
NorwayChris said:
WreckerL said:
NorwayChris said:
Trooped_Again said:
NorwayChris said:
Gombear said:

ive never heard a Englishman cheer when Scotland score

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
docherty said:
NorwayChris said:
WreckerL said:
NorwayChris said:
Trooped_Again said:
NorwayChris said:
Gombear said:

I've never seen Scotland score (predictable but had to done)

Gombear

War Hero
docherty said:
NorwayChris said:
WreckerL said:
NorwayChris said:
Trooped_Again said:
NorwayChris said:
Gombear said:

You started it! :(

NorwayChris said:
Trooped_Again said:
NorwayChris said:
Gombear said:

I don't think it was anything to do with being English, I come from Edinburgh and was always carteful about drinking in places like Rosyth and Dunfermline

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Naval_Gazer Stopping MOD RSS feed saturating new posts page. Site Issues 5
Guns Should staff assginments be longer than two years and should we advertise the posts? The Quarterdeck 23
0 Are my Posts being Deleted Site Issues 30
BFRS Level 4 BTEC Professional Award in Covert Observation Posts Management The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 5
Topstop Lost new posts Bloody Computers 2
Topstop New Posts Bloody Computers 4
Bad CO How to Put YouTube Videos into Posts Site Issues 1
Bad CO How to Put Web Links (URLs) in Posts Site Issues 3
SoylentGreen MOD and DOT: 55 posts earning over £100kpa each... Current Affairs 18
Powder Cant what I am typing on long posts and Is there a... Site Issues 3
O Various Security Cleared Posts The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
SILVER_FOX Italy posts salary details on web Current Affairs 7
BillyNoMates Links in Posts & Threads Bloody Computers 3
J This Guy that Posts Under Various Names Diamond Lil's 89
D What do You do When They Move The Goal Posts to Far?? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 14
D ''BUM RATION '' All gay posts in here! Diamond Lil's 53
andym Posts not shown on Main page Site Issues 7
higthepig Off the track posts Diamond Lil's 34
slim What has happenned to AACs posts Diamond Lil's 22
A Request to lock posts Site Issues 27
Stripey_G Edit symbol on posts. Site Issues 8
D CA posts - please read all! The Quarterdeck 27
andym Deleting of Posts! Site Issues 50
slim unble to post new posts Site Issues 10
snapdragon Any interview posts or resources? Don't want to bore yo The Fleet 5
Geoff_Wessex Timing of Posts Site Issues 9
MoD_RSS Scots recognised by Queen's New Year Honours MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scots recognised by Queen's Birthday Honours 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK aid helps Scots tackle climate change ahead of Glasgow climate summit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scots recognised in New Year Honours 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Scots recognised by Queen's Birthday Honours 2019 MoD News 0
D 56 and thinking about joining the RFA... ex infantry 12 years in, retired cop 23 years in, currently working for Scots Government as an investigator. RFA 39
MoD_RSS News story: Scots Prominent in New Year Honours MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary launches £132m Scots sub-hunting aircraft home MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Minister appreciates Scots UK defence role MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New Defence Secretary recognises Scots defence role MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Defence Secretary salutes Scots troops who keep us safe at home and abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary applauds service of globally deployed Scots MoD News 0
soleil S. Echo: "Nuclear Submarines To Be Based In Sunderland If Scots Win Independence" Submariners 7
MoD_RSS News story: Scots Guards return from Afghanistan MoD News 0
trelawney126 Scots Inbreeding Pays Off Diamond Lil's 5
trelawney126 Who said the Scots are Thrifty? Diamond Lil's 9
trelawney126 Welsh Lecturer Slates Scots tourism Scam History 35
soleil "MOD poised to scrap Scots jobs..and start a political war" Current Affairs 6
NotmeChief Why do the Scots always blame someone else. The Quarterdeck 68
Oil_Slick Sean Connery calling on Scots to return to their homeland Diamond Lil's 84
T Scots leading role in the slave trade Diamond Lil's 24
Maxi_77 Scots Land Grab Diamond Lil's 29
F Warship deal to secure Scots jobs Current Affairs 22