All Logged Out - Sorry for the inconvenience

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Good_CO, Oct 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry about doing this with no notice. I tried various things to cure the cant-logout problem discussed in the forum with no effect then one worked a bit too well.

The login / lout issue should now be solved, although you will have to log in again.

If you have lost your account details then you can recover them using the somewhat tortuous process started here:

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/cpgn2/Your_Account/op=pass_lost.html

2. Ah thats why I had to log in, as a side issue it also made me subject to the advert pox which made logging back in rather totuous to say the least. Please can we get shot of that advert.

3. Can you post a screen shot of the mysterious advert or tell me who it's for. I can't see it.

4. Got you. Do you have a 800 x 600 monitor or is everyone getting this? Which browser are you using?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I've got the same snag too- currently theres an RV Ops logo over the log-in.

Work computer running on IE5 I think.

6. I have emailed it to you in PDF format.

Steve

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Not that anyone's interested, but it's actually IE6 - ooh, there's posh, boyo.

8. I am using IE6 at work and Safari at home and on my iPhone G3.... but the same thing appears on both.... it's opaque initially then goes transparent.

9. Use Firefox and adblocker, problem solved.

10. Thanks for the feedback folks. The banner is now fixed and nicely out of the way in spare white space. My fault for not testing in all browsers.

Tartan Army Sailor, the ads are what pays for the site so I'd prefer people did see them! They're not, normally at least, at all intrusive on RR.