[All Done ]Site outage from 0200 GMT Monday 17th

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Good CO, Feb 16, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The site down at 0200 GMT for a short piece of maintenance by our hosts. This could be from 5 minutes to one hour.

I hope.
  2. O200? That'll piss Billy off on his long, lonely night watch ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As a matter of interest, is RR going to be changing site software in the near future?
  4. I bet that's the night junior JFH decides she wants to do the middle :(

Pick TV then :(

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  5. Still battering the house to bits - not on nights till Wednesday. Just finished some flat-pack wardrobe assembling. Now THAT was a loada bloody fun and happiness.

6. No! That was last night, 2 bloody 30!!!

7. Assuming the move to Xenforo on ARRSE is successful then this site and Rear Party will follow. Both because it is such a big step forward, but also as maintaining identical software is easier.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Yep, makes sense.

It took yonks to transfer the PRMC Forum onto XenForo & ARRSE is mahoosive by comparison, so I guess it'll take a fair while. Greywing, the PRMC Forum site admin, reckons the only snag so far with the 'new' software is that it can be slow to load pages and he has tweaked a custom built .htaccess file to speed things along.
  9. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I've just been playing on t'other site and it seems ok to me. Some people have got the hump because their gongs have taken time to come back and their like count has gone to zero (although they all seem to be stored in the "likes you've received" bit) but there are always complaints when there's an upgrade. Remember the last one on here? Jeez.

I quite like the new one.
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Looks like they've made a good job of it, it looks pretty decent - not much different at all.

I like the xenforo software - it's kind of intuitive. Similar in many ways to vBulletin (that this site runs on) but "behind the scenes" is much easier I reckon.
  11. Love that people get precious over internet 'likes' and pretend medals. The world is doomed.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It's awesome isn't it. One comment springs to mind;

"What's happened to my medals? And why am i down as a crow? If this is how the site is going to be run, i'm ****ing off".

See ya princess.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. What medals? There's medals . . . ?

If I'd known that I'd change my username to Mutley.

And spell it yank style.