All Arms Corse for MA(SM)

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by GSSR_Vvd, May 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Help please :(

I would like some advice please. I am joining up in sept as an MA in the RN, at the moment it is on submarines. I say at the moment because i would love to do the all arms course so i can be detatched to the RM. Would this still be possible if i join up as a submariner?

I wouldn't want to cut anything out of my future career as i have looked at both roles and can say that i would be happy in either. The only down side with the boats is the lack of exercise as if i'm not active i turn into a beached whale :-(

which would be best, stay on the list as a MA(SM) or general MA?

Your advice will help my confused head :)

2. It used to be either Subs OR MA(RN CDO) it may well be the same.Once they have trained you for Subs they will want some return of Service for it.If you want your Green Lid you may be best to stay MA.

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Booties and submariners both get X pay so there's not a huge difference there.

If you want to serve with the booties why dont you join as one?

4. Cos hes got some Intelligence by the sound of it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. :lol: :lol: :oops: :evil: :evil:
    Cheeky fecker wese got ours brains back whens wese left the Korpse you
    knows.
    NZB

6. PMSL!

7. wet_blobby

feckin matlots... :roll:

8. And your point is?

9. wet_blobby

how long you got?

10. How longs a piece of string?(that'll **** the bootie up!LOL)

11. wet_blobby

I dont use string I use manilla rope......(gotta go)...see you the day before today...

12. KNUT!LOL

13. There's a Submariner Sigs bloke up here in Faslane at the minute who is going for 148 Bty and is about to go down the route of RNMAC, AACC, etc. Apparently it is possible but the 'line managers' are very negative about the whole issue.

I say go for it. Get as much from the services as you can and make the most of your time while in. Noone will give you anything, you've got to take it for yourself.