Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Arms Commandos Course

ScotsCadet

Midshipman
Hello, I’m currently going into my second year of med school, and joined the RNR to help get a cadetship for the last three years. I’m wondering if it’d be possible to do the AACC in the summer after a while in the reserves. Would that be possible, or would I have to wait until after phase 2?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The 13 week course which includes the AACC is for regular service trained ranks employed within 3 Cdo Brigade.

The Reserve Forces Commando Course (RFCC) is undertaken by Royal Marines Reserves recruits or trained ranks from other services who require the qualification for their job.

Most med students who wish to become Commando qualified, join the RMR as it's the only assured route. That said, it's worth bearing in mind it is not a requirement for Medical Officers working within 3 Cdo Bde, nor does is mean the individual will be employed as a rifleman in the Ground Close Combat role.

arcticfox042

Lantern Swinger
Hello, I’m currently going into my second year of med school, and joined the RNR to help get a cadetship for the last three years. I’m wondering if it’d be possible to do the AACC in the summer after a while in the reserves. Would that be possible, or would I have to wait until after phase 2?
After a while, after a while...... this isn't an undertaking to be considered to fill in some downtime in the summer... get some miles in, have a look at the commitment that's needed to do this course. which I think is harder than doing the full course (as there is less time between tests for the body to recover...)
Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 18.50.55.png

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Joint Statement at the 5th Round of Pakistan-UK Bilateral Consultation on Arms Control, Non-Proliferation and Disarmament MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Industry responds to call to arms to build British diagnostics industry at scale MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tackling the illicit spread of small arms and light weapons MoD News 0
S All Arms Commando Course, Writer Branch Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
MoD_RSS Letter to the Committees on Arms Export Controls MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint Statement at the 4th Round of Pakistan-UK Bilateral Consultations on Arms Control, Non-Proliferation and Disarmament MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Arms Trade Treaty - UK government response to US withdrawal MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Yemen crisis won’t be solved by UK arms exports halt MoD News 0
Spiced Buoy Small Arms Training Joining the Royal Navy 17
T Master-at-Arms Dave Nelson, RN The Quarterdeck 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New partnership aims to strengthen conventional arms control in the Commonwealth MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: RFA Mounts Bay resumes arms trafficking patrol MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK warship heads to Mediterranean to help tackle arms trafficking MoD News 0
A All Arms getting easier???? The Corps 12
N Info on the different arms of the RN in WW2 History 12
D All arms commando course. UPO/Careers Office 105
MoD_RSS News story: Improving small arms training for the Royal Navy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Arms Trade Treaty enters into force MoD News 0
Jockroach Master at Arms The Gash Barge 6
J All Arms Commando Course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
soleil Independent: "Brits Courted In Arms Shake-Up" Current Affairs 1
T British arms RMR 6
trelawney126 Telegraph: "Libyan arms that went missing under Gaddafi fuelling multiple conflicts" Current Affairs 1
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary welcomes agreement on an Arms Trade Treaty MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary remains determined to secure Arms Trade Treaty MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Will there finally be an Arms Trade Treaty? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Seven Foreign Ministers call for Arms Trade Treaty now MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK Calls for a robust Arms Trade Treaty MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rebuttal: Letter from FCO Minister to The Independent on UK arms exports to Sri Lanka MoD News 0
soleil RM Chaplain Speaking On R4, "Soul Music - Brothers In Arms" The Corps 3
trelawney126 Arms sales legitimate says Camoron Current Affairs 12
DemobJob Small Arms Weapons Instructor - Bordon - £22,892 + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
S Air Traffic Control Officer/ All Arms Course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
admiralscruff A Call To Arms Diamond Lil's 12
trelawney126 Sailor Loses Appeal Against Bearing Arms Current Affairs 36
MBeehan Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway The Book Club 0
2 arms drill music Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
N AET all arms commando? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 36
2_deck_dash Call to arms The Corps 0
soleil Gazette: "Sea Cadets Issue Call To Arms To Residents" SCC and URNU 1
Ghost US arms sales to Saudi Arabia Current Affairs 18
X.R.D Yet another call to arms Charity 64
soleil Exmouth Journal: "Call to Arms for Commando Challenge" The Corps 4
R All Arms Commando Course.. The Fleet Air Arm 26
trelawney126 Gorbals Mick Shifting the Blame to Sergeant at Arms Current Affairs 7
S Medical Assistant - All arms commando course - Help? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
soleil Times: Leader on Defence Policy: "Arms and the Man" Current Affairs 1
Good_CO Towergate's 3000 beers competition - a call to arms Competitions 10
L all arms commando course? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
D All Arms Commando Course The Corps 8