All Arms Commandos Course

ScotsCadet

Midshipman
Hello, I’m currently going into my second year of med school, and joined the RNR to help get a cadetship for the last three years. I’m wondering if it’d be possible to do the AACC in the summer after a while in the reserves. Would that be possible, or would I have to wait until after phase 2?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The 13 week course which includes the AACC is for regular service trained ranks employed within 3 Cdo Brigade.

The Reserve Forces Commando Course (RFCC) is undertaken by Royal Marines Reserves recruits or trained ranks from other services who require the qualification for their job.

Most med students who wish to become Commando qualified, join the RMR as it's the only assured route. That said, it's worth bearing in mind it is not a requirement for Medical Officers working within 3 Cdo Bde, nor does is mean the individual will be employed as a rifleman in the Ground Close Combat role.

arcticfox042

Lantern Swinger
Hello, I’m currently going into my second year of med school, and joined the RNR to help get a cadetship for the last three years. I’m wondering if it’d be possible to do the AACC in the summer after a while in the reserves. Would that be possible, or would I have to wait until after phase 2?
After a while, after a while...... this isn't an undertaking to be considered to fill in some downtime in the summer... get some miles in, have a look at the commitment that's needed to do this course. which I think is harder than doing the full course (as there is less time between tests for the body to recover...)
Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 18.50.55.png