Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Arms Commando Course

Jgp1000

Hi all,

Does anybody know the likelihood of a surface fleet warfare officer being able to take the course?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
Relatively low. I can think of 3 I've met in all my time.

I'd have to ask why you'd want to do it (I did and tried - different branch) apart from a personal factor as (IMHO) it will add relatively nothing to you as a warfairy in career times. In addition in your early career you are likely to be very busy and at sea a lot, usually focussing on the first career courses and hurdles.

Alfred?

Jgp1000

I've recently received my joining instructions for BRNC as a warfare officer. However my initial application was a RM officer, unfortunately I was age restricted and unable to complete both a POC and AIB in the timeframe available.

So the AACC is a personal interest and challenge that I'd like to complete if it's viable.

I appreciate that I'm planning a long long way into the future here, and the challenges I'll be facing at BRNC should be my only priority!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Frankly, I can't think of a logical reason why a Warfare Officer would need to undertake AACC. Then again it's always puzzled me why Surgeons, Padres & Schoolies feel the need unless they respectively intend creating casualties to operate upon, serve the last rites upon a terminal victim of their Commando prowess or sit alongside Royal to quiz them how many rounds are left in the magazine after they've fired eight shots out of a possible thirty.

Back in the real world, it tends to be undertaken by RN Officers who wish to be "accepted" by their colleagues in the land of green, working within 3 Cdo Brigade. Be assured however, from Royal's perspective, nothing beats the 'full course' when it comes to true acceptance,

The long and the short of it is that if your job requires it & the service is prepared to pay the wage for a couple of months without reason, go for it & good luck.

jaggers

Lantern Swinger
Hi all,

Does anybody know the likelihood of a surface fleet warfare officer being able to take the course?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

It's expensive for them to put you through the course especially as so many guys fail it so they don't just hand them out on request. Best to find out what they need in terms of skills and then see if you can fufill it

G

guestm

It's expensive for them to put you through the course especially as so many guys fail it so they don't just hand them out on request. Best to find out what they need in terms of skills and then see if you can fufill it

Not really. There are places there that will be taken up regardless. I've known people who just wanted to have a green lid get on course. If there's room and you can get released you're on it. If there isn't room you'll be prioritised and put on a reserve list dependant on reason for applying.

Passing it however is a different matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

spudjock

Lantern Swinger
I've recently received my joining instructions for BRNC as a warfare officer. However my initial application was a RM officer, unfortunately I was age restricted and unable to complete both a POC and AIB in the timeframe available.

So the AACC is a personal interest and challenge that I'd like to complete if it's viable.

I appreciate that I'm planning a long long way into the future here, and the challenges I'll be facing at BRNC should be my only priority!
I get it, it's the personal pride of tackling something, not because it's easy but because it is hard. Get over obstacle number one, BRNC. And the push like hell for AACC, they can tell you no a thousand times and all you need is that single yes... Go get it and don't stop fighting for it if you really want it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S All Arms Commando Course, Writer Branch Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
D All arms commando course. UPO/Careers Office 105
R All Arms Commando Course.. The Fleet Air Arm 26
S Medical Assistant - All arms commando course - Help? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
L all arms commando course? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
D All Arms Commando Course The Corps 8
H All arms commando course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
F RMR/All Arms Commando Course RMR 1
S TA All Arms Commando Course The Corps 14
airy-fairy ALL ARMS COMMANDO COURSE The Corps 6
P All Arms Commando Course Health & Fitness 5
B All Arms Commando Course The Corps 11
N All Arms Commando Course 0306 - Completed The Corps 19
N All Arms Commando Course The Corps 69
N AET all arms commando? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 36
soleil Exmouth Journal: "Call to Arms for Commando Challenge" The Corps 4
MoD_RSS Joint Statement at the 5th Round of Pakistan-UK Bilateral Consultation on Arms Control, Non-Proliferation and Disarmament MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Industry responds to call to arms to build British diagnostics industry at scale MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tackling the illicit spread of small arms and light weapons MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter to the Committees on Arms Export Controls MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint Statement at the 4th Round of Pakistan-UK Bilateral Consultations on Arms Control, Non-Proliferation and Disarmament MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Arms Trade Treaty - UK government response to US withdrawal MoD News 0
S All Arms Commandos Course Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
MoD_RSS Speech: Yemen crisis won’t be solved by UK arms exports halt MoD News 0
Spiced Buoy Small Arms Training Joining the Royal Navy 17
T Master-at-Arms Dave Nelson, RN The Quarterdeck 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New partnership aims to strengthen conventional arms control in the Commonwealth MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: RFA Mounts Bay resumes arms trafficking patrol MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK warship heads to Mediterranean to help tackle arms trafficking MoD News 0
A All Arms getting easier???? The Corps 12
N Info on the different arms of the RN in WW2 History 12
MoD_RSS News story: Improving small arms training for the Royal Navy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Arms Trade Treaty enters into force MoD News 0
Jockroach Master at Arms The Gash Barge 6
soleil Independent: "Brits Courted In Arms Shake-Up" Current Affairs 1
T British arms RMR 6
trelawney126 Telegraph: "Libyan arms that went missing under Gaddafi fuelling multiple conflicts" Current Affairs 1
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary welcomes agreement on an Arms Trade Treaty MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary remains determined to secure Arms Trade Treaty MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Will there finally be an Arms Trade Treaty? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Seven Foreign Ministers call for Arms Trade Treaty now MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK Calls for a robust Arms Trade Treaty MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rebuttal: Letter from FCO Minister to The Independent on UK arms exports to Sri Lanka MoD News 0
soleil RM Chaplain Speaking On R4, "Soul Music - Brothers In Arms" The Corps 3
trelawney126 Arms sales legitimate says Camoron Current Affairs 12
DemobJob Small Arms Weapons Instructor - Bordon - £22,892 + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
S Air Traffic Control Officer/ All Arms Course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
admiralscruff A Call To Arms Diamond Lil's 12
trelawney126 Sailor Loses Appeal Against Bearing Arms Current Affairs 36
MBeehan Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway The Book Club 0