All Arms Commando Course

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Papa_S, Jun 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My company is deploying next year with 3 Cdo Bde, and is therefore going to be putting some of us through the AACC.

As one of the lucky few selected, I was wondering if anyone had a successful training plan for the course, and any ideas of how to overcome the fact that as i'm based in N. Germany there are no hills to train with.

Also, do Officers have to achieve faster times in the test week?

Any help/info would be appreciated.

2. Also, do Officers have to achieve faster times in the test week?

Yes all of the time.
  3. Hello mate

The best solution to your hill problem that i can suggest would be to train up and down flights of stairs to simulate running up hills and thus strengthen the right muscle groups.

4. officers have same times as soldiers on AACC - dont worry about hills, just get plenty of running in. Arrive 80% fit and allow the first 2-3 weeks of the course get you up to 100%.

You should be able to run 10 miles comfortably, and do as much circuit training as you can. It will help with the bottom field stuff. Include as many sit ups, press ups and pull ups as possible into the circuit training.

I wouldnt go crazy on the weight carrying stuff - just do a few 6-7 mile load carries before the course, carrying about 60lbs before the course should be enough.
  5. Don't let the title fool you, I'm sure you need legs too!
  6. Buy the book "Fighting Fit" by Adrian Weale.

It is subtitled "SAS fitness training guide" but has a training plan for the AACC and P Coy as well as SAS selection. It really is a great, no-nonesense book and really sorted my fitness out. The training plans are probably not very ship friendly and are aimed at civies who have plenty of time to train but they can be easily adapted. Its only a fiver off amazon, well worth it.