All Arms Commando Course

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by benjymo, Dec 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi any help would be apprieciated.wondered if anyone could tell me more about the above course. such things as how to get on it and how to apply. what the training involves and job prospects etc afterwards. thanx

2. Pardon me for asking, but why do you need to get this info from a website???

3. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Good question.

Already covered on another thread in the Corps (not Current Affairs) sub forum benjymo. You'll not get sent on it just so you 'big it up' with a green lid and and there's not much use for warfare officers methinks.

http://www.rumration.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=3152.html

4. it tends to be chefs and the like which go on the course. people the marines can use on the ground

5. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

I'm surprised that a current serving officer is unable to look at the DIN that explains everything about the AACC which is on the Intranet.....

6. Is it possible we have another Walt?
    Surely a serving warfare officer would know the correct procedures for determining the requirements. Pleased he isn't my divisional officer.

7. Ah ha even DO's have shortcomings and the info is not always readily avaliable, especially when your 1RO doesn't know either!

Thought id ask tho just to see if anyone had actually done it before tho thats why. Thanks for the useful commenst anyway!! :)

8. the_matelot

What utter garbage-the information is readily available on the Intranet under DIN's!!

9. No you mistake what i put, i do not currently have access to the intranet.

10. the_matelot

As they say in the Russian Navy...

Toughski Shitski.

Why don't you go and see the UPO?They'll have it in there

11. yep next port of call, i was just being lazy really. thankyou anyway. :)

12. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

I can tell. :wink:

A phone call to CTCRM? Are you asking in view of your own ambitions or those of a member of your division?

Seriously, outside Medical, MEs, Comms, Divers and Chaplains there are precious few opportunities to acquire a green hat in the RN.