All Arms Commando Course

I

In_my_day

Guest
dhoby_bucket said:
How old was the oldest to have passed the AACC?

Although you were mistaken on Terrill, the age is about right. A 55 year old TA Capt (RE ?) passed the AACC cse about 5 years ago if I remember correctly. Now at the time this could have be incorrectly "advertised" because TA would normally do the RFCC alongside the RMR; thereby getting the pleasure of Normandy Block as opposed to the old sickbay. It may be that it is only ORs on the RFCC with offrs doing the AACC (?).

IMD
 
In_my_day said:
dhoby_bucket said:
How old was the oldest to have passed the AACC?

Although you were mistaken on Terrill, the age is about right. A 55 year old TA Capt (RE ?) passed the AACC cse about 5 years ago if I remember correctly. Now at the time this could have be incorrectly "advertised" because TA would normally do the RFCC alongside the RMR; thereby getting the pleasure of Normandy Block as opposed to the old sickbay. It may be that it is only ORs on the RFCC with offrs doing the AACC (?).

IMD

Ah the joys of Normandy block and the play pen!!

Deep joy!!
 
hamisatypeofcheese said:
When can RN personnel attempt the AATC? Is it after completing professional training and becoming qualified in their trade?

Cheers

You can attempt it when you are required by the service to do so, you can't just have a crack at it if you fancy a nice new beret and badges.
 

Drakey

War Hero
hamisatypeofcheese said:
When can RN personnel attempt the AATC? Is it after completing professional training and becoming qualified in their trade?

Cheers

Haven't heard of that one before. ???
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
The AACC is only available to those whose job specifically requires it as a pre-requisite. Gone are the days were it's a "nice to have" qualification.

The AATC (Advanced Air Training Corps) is an elite, ex-directory sub-section of the ATC according to one of the space cadets that works alongside me.
 

hamisatypeofcheese

Lantern Swinger
My mistake, I had it in my head as the All Arms Training Course when I posted that for some reason.

Am I right in thinking there's a possibility for AETs working on Junglies to attempt it.

Cheers
 

Drakey

War Hero
hamisatypeofcheese said:
My mistake, I had it in my head as the All Arms Training Course when I posted that for some reason.

Am I right in thinking there's a possibility for AETs working on Junglies to attempt it.

Cheers

No you're not right in thinking that.
 

Drakey

War Hero
Ninja_Stoker said:
The AATC (Advanced Air Training Corps) is an elite, ex-directory sub-section of the ATC according to one of the space cadets that works alongside me.

Ssssshhhhhh! Tip Top Secret Blackadder.

Every badge collector will want to do it now you've said that.
 

X.R.D

War Hero
Drakey said:
Ninja_Stoker said:
The AATC (Advanced Air Training Corps) is an elite, ex-directory sub-section of the ATC according to one of the space cadets that works alongside me.

Ssssshhhhhh! Tip Top Secret Blackadder.

Every badge collector will want to do it now you've said that.

Nah i've already got mine!!! :wink:
 

Latest Threads

Top