Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

All Arms Commando Course

ex_rubberdagger said:
_Tim_ said:
What exactly does the AACC entitle you to do?
I mean, surely you can't just leave the navy and join the marines. But then again I know the AACC entitles all people who pass to wear the green beret.

Do you then get the option to serve with marines or whichever service you joined? Or are you just a green beret haver in your current service?
Can be called up out of the blue to serve with a commando troop?

Tim
.............Oh fcuk it i can't be bothered.
Now. That wasn't very nice.

ex_rubberdagger said:
_Tim_ said:
I mean, surely you can't just leave the navy and join the marines. But then again I know the AACC entitles all people who pass to wear the green beret.

Do you then get the option to serve with marines or whichever service you joined? Or are you just a green beret haver in your current service?
Can be called up out of the blue to serve with a commando troop?

Tim
.............Oh fcuk it i can't be bothered.

Yeah come on XRD, what ya gonna say?!?!?!?!? :thumright:

_Tim_ said:

Depends on your trade. Certain people can do exactly that. Depends whether the marines need you.
Im standing bye for people on here to say it cant be done. But its a matter of fact that you can.

Hold on _Tim_ (nice but dim) may have a point here, surely the Corps should spend heaps of money on training people just so they can swan around wearing a Green Lid and then contribute nothing to the Operational capabilities of the Royal Marines :roll: .
Does he work in Whitehall? :wink:

NZ_Bootneck said:
Hold on _Tim_ (nice but dim) may have a point here, surely the Corps should spend heaps of money on training people just so they can swan around wearing a Green Lid and then contribute nothing to the Operational capabilities of the Royal Marines :roll: .
Does he work in Whitehall? :wink:

Fcuks sake NZ, don't give them ideas. Next you'll be suggesting we spend all our money on making the Harrier a shit hot CAS platform then pulling it out........

Cpt_Black said:
ex_rubberdagger said:
dapperdunn said:
dhoby_bucket said:
How old was the oldest to have passed the AACC?

I believe this chap is:

http://www.itv.com/News/commando/profile/default.html

Erm no mate your spouting bollocks.

Didn't he do basic training (apart from some weapons parts) and complete the commando tests?

Yes but that isnt the issue. This guy had nothing to do with the AACC which this thread is about.

Latest Threads