All Arms Commando Course, Writer Branch

Sandy1995

Hi, I will joining the Navy as a writer very soon and was just wondering if its possible to do all arms commando course future down the years?

guns1969

War Hero
Hi, I will joining the Navy as a writer very soon and was just wondering if its possible to do all arms commando course future down the years?
If you really must play with bang sticks, why not join the Marines (or as a last resort, become a Pongo).

Ballistic

War Hero
I'm sorry, I've just got this vision of a steely-eyed warrior in full camo crawling under some barbed wire... with a pen clutched between their teeth :D

I'm sorry, I've just got this vision of a steely-eyed warrior in full camo crawling under some barbed wire... with a pen clutched between their teeth :D
Yeah, they’re called “Clerks” in the RM, though I thing they’re going through a branch title change to “Information Management” or some crap. One of the Clerks I was with in a previous role is at Poole now, for some reason they sent him on a para course, can just imagine him jumping out the plane to the battlefield with his JPA forms in hand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waspie

War Hero
At one time you required justification to carry our the AAC. Attached to an RM unit or the like. With the RM having their own clerks finding a justification, may prove difficult albeit not impossible!
Seriously though. Why not just join the RM, especially with the speciality you have chosen, writer?

Drakey

War Hero
The criteria for the AACC are very specific. It gets rid of badge collectors and the oooh look at me I've got a Green Beret brigade. Never met a writer with a green lid.

Join the Royal Marines.

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
You could always go 148 BTY later on in your career, they get a green lid if that's your thing. Know a few oppo's who have done that. TBF, they were dabbers and Comms rates.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The criteria for the AACC are very specific. It gets rid of badge collectors and the oooh look at me I've got a Green Beret brigade. Never met a writer with a green lid.

Join the Royal Marines.
Ditto.

Commando Clerk, yes. Writer Commando, nope.