All Arms Commando Course 0306 - Completed

Seadog

War Hero
Hats off to anyone who completes the All Arms course.

Nutty bag wrote
Think this gut is a bit of a walt mate, not to worry!!

It's worse than that NB.

sniffle snaffle wrote

All Arms Commando Course, So this would be the substitute for the Paras?

No.

Still think the SS Brigade should be brought back

So you've said elsewhere. The what, the who?

TheLastStoker

Lantern Swinger
Any chance you ould tell me roughly what is involved in the AACC, as i myself am thinking of going for it sometime in the future!

cheers if you can!

Seadog

War Hero
A graduate or DS of the course can tell you more about the content but you'll need a draft to an RM unit ( for example 539 ASRM) with a need for stokers/ETs before you get the AACC as part of your PJT package. You can't just fancy doing it and slap in.

Thereafter, lots of phys, warry stuff, a worm omlette. The course is much shorter than RM Recruit Training (you are not being turned into a Marine) but the Commando Tests for the green lid are the same with same times required.

nomadcelt

Midshipman
TheLastStoker said:
Any chance you ould tell me roughly what is involved in the AACC, as i myself am thinking of going for it sometime in the future!

cheers if you can!

I can send you a copy of the previous AACC timetable if you wish. It is not a secret and you can actually get it from OC or CI AACC. Send me email details and I'll forward it on to you.

Seadog said:
you'll need a draft to an RM unit ( for example 539 ASRM)
We never had any RM wannabes at 539 when I was there ;) I think its only those carrying out a role where having done the course is required for operational reasons that can do it.

Seadog said:
You can't just fancy doing it and slap in.

Absolutely.
While I applaud and respect anyone who does the course or has done in the past (its not something I could do), deep down I can't help but think that if you want a green lid, bloody transfer and do it properly!
I think its a shame that Royal has to rely on outsiders when part of the RM could be expanded to take on all these jobs that are "farmed out".
Just an opinion :)