Ali Burton

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Bergen, Mar 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gossip, scandal and rumour is that the Haliburton Corporation is leaving the USA to relocate in Dubai UAE.

This isn't just a set of regional offices but the entire shooting match - Chairman, President, CEO/COO/CFO. Houston will be relegated to a regional office.

Prize for anyone who can construct a sentence containing the words ship, rats and sinking.

RM

2. Not much confidence in US business of a Republican victory in next presidential elections then? :shock:

3. I suspect thishas far more to do with the important things in life than US politics. This is about money, they probablyare goint to get good tax breaks from this compared to staying in the US and also I susect get out of some of the niceties of US regulation, opportunities for insider dealing and other things come to mind.

4. The dirty Rats jumped off the Sinking Ship !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. I think that it has everything to do with US politics. The Dems now control the Senate and the Congress and all the road-blocks to investigations that had been placed by the Republicans are gone.

Apart from Congressional investigations there are 4 criminal investigations going on into Halliburton, in countries as diverse as France, England, Switzerland and the USA [4 separate crime investigations ie not 1 per country]. In one case a total of $170m dollars in bribes were disbursed by Halliburton company officers.

It would be too much to hope that the full story of how they were awarded the DML contract over Trafalgar House should ever be revealed.

I think that the writing is on the wall and it's time to get outta Dodge City....muy pronto!

RM