Aldermaston.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Topstop, Dec 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just announced on the BBC news Aldermaston has been bought by the Septics. A Californian company now owns /runs the mainainance/building of our nuclear warheads. Wellcome to the 51st State :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

2. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

The way things are going at the moment, what with the EU etc, I am waiting to see the 'For Sale' sign put up outside No 10. As a country we have sold out to the highest bidder, all the family silver has gone. Close the gates of the Tower of London don't let them near the Crown Jewels. How can anyone say that we are one of the richest nations on earth. We are in debt up to our eyeballs and nobody seems to care. We have lost the ability to produce anything of substance. We rely totally on the 'Service and Banking industry and even that is in chaos. My pension has lost value and each year my savings dwindle. I'm even to old to emigrate!!
    Rant over!

3. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.
    It is crazy enough that nuclear weapons production is privatised but for it to be owned by foreign entities is surely very deeply stupid?

4. Is there ANYTHING that this "government" won't hock?

5. I don't think we are getting the whole story at the moment. My understanding is the the yanks will be running the site (Aldermaston), but the the MOD will still be controlling the purse-strings/research of the WMD programmes.

SM

:nemo: :rendeer:

6. So much for having an "independent" nuclear deterrent.

7. According to The BBC,

"The move means Britain no longer has any stake in the production of its Trident nuclear warheads. "

8. It never was, or will be.....my 2d added, opinion

9. Steady on guys, the American involvement in our deterrent provides the bomber fags with their only runs ashore! Don't mess with the queens Stateside jollies! Bet I get drafted to one now......

10. An oppo of mine went on the Aldermaston March in the 60s came back on board HMS Deadalus. Was instantly discharged SNLR :whew: :w00t:

11. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

1961, sent an RNR Lt called Fred for a month's training, ace bloke, ace seaman ex Blue Funnel line, then probation officer in a pretty hard part of Liverpool. Big chap, sorted one Liverpool family back onto the straight and narrow, at the end of it the father passed him a mug of tea (with hairs from its normal employment as a shaving mug floating in it), 'I want to thank you Mr === for all you've done for us, if you ever want anyone carved up, just let me know'. We gave Fred a big Flag F as a going-away prezzie (don't operate aircraft often in a minesweeper). 'Thank you folks, watch your TV, you'll see it at Aldermaston'. Father, later, mulling over Fred's S.206 - 'Seaweed, do you think Fred is well, loyal?'

It was my understanding that one of the Lt Cdrs teaching in the Special weapons section at Whaley in 1963 was a CND member (and yes, I do remember his name). Takes all sorts to make a navy.

12. Typical of this government sneaking the news out through a third party's website and doing it when Parliament has broken up for Christmas.

13. Way too much hype over this, the MOD hasn't run AWE for ages now. It still owns the facilities at AWE(A) and AWE(B). AWEplc are the company that run it o behalf of the Govt.

14. No-one has mentioned anything about MOD.
    HAS the government sold its last shares in Aldermaston Atomic Weapons Establishment or not?
    If so, then I disagree with your comment about hype.

15. Lamri,

The MOD have not sold any of their "Golden Shares" off, nor will they ever. It was BNFL who sold their shares last week to Jacobs Engineering, an American Company from Pasadena.
    The partnership of AWEML (Atomic Weapons Establishment Management Ltd) is a consortium that consists of Lockheed Martin, Serco and now Jacobs Engineering.
    AWEPlc is responsible for the day to day operations at AWE. AWEPlc is owned by the British Government and is managed by AWEML.

The Government reserves the right to intervene and
    terminate the contract of any of the AWEML members.

Shame on the BBC for reporting the sale of BNFL's shares in such a poor manner - I think they call it scare mongering!

SP

16. AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

FFS!!!!

Can someone fcuking PLEASE show me WHERE I MENTIONED THE EFFING MOD!!!!!

MOD IS NOT THE EFFING GOVERNMENT YOU EFFING CRETINS

17. You know what?
    Fcuk it, I fcuking give up with this effing site.