Albion on Extended Readiness until 2016

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by trelawney126, Oct 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. MOre waste of resouces, its never ending!!

2. Best place for her. Worst ship I have ever served on. Not because of the people but because she was built cheaply and most of her systems are shite. There is no way she will ever come out of extended readiness.

3. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Defence is skint. If there is no money or sufficient manpower (if so) to keep her operational and there is currently nothing for her to do anyway, what in your experience would you suggest?

4. Send her to Turkey , like the rest of the unwanted stuff. Spend the cash on TV adverts for recruitment, we must need loads of new bods!

5. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

The first bit would be a waste of resources. Most bikers put their bike in the garage in a state of preservation over winter. The bike is a resource they still have. Albion at Rx will still be a resource, just one that'll take a while to get out the garage (unless she gets stripped to keep Bulwark going.) I'd like a 'Fleet in Being' but as I've said before, there is no money.

Recruitment goes on. The Service is bottom fed.

6. Stripped ? Now there is a thought, and not beyond the bounds of current reason.