Al-Qaeda in Iraq leader 'killed'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by PartTimePongo, May 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6610873.stm

Why is it I don't believe anything that comes out of the Iraqi 'Government' at all? Show us the body. Does this 'news' precede yet another call for cash from the coalition?

Better still, show us you're actually trying to govern the bloody place. :evil:

I need more coffee.

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Dont be so harsh PTP, remember Ireland when the paddies used to fallout and go around topping each other, saved us a job and no fear of some legal eagle doing you for doing your job.

Let them carry on, no encourage it...dig out boys...I'm right behind you!!!

3. Boo Hoo :( I'm really gutted for him ... not!!

SF

4. If true then excellent news but sadly it will make no difference to the level of mindless violence committed by these psychopaths.

5. It's comforting to believe in the improbable. Could this be the same Iraqi Government that claims the situation is stabilising in Iraq? :roll: :lol:

6. ABC news just reporting that the reports of Abu Ayyab al-Masri's death are a little exagerated. They stop just short of saying total fabrication but this is the implication :roll:

7. What's the point? it's not like if you cut off the head of a snake the body dies type thing as there are countless other idiots ready to step up and take over, and so it goes!... :evil:

8. Pardon my doubts, but this is the third time the Iraqi government has said that this guy is dead.

9. Only when they produce the body will we know for sure,but then he will be replaced by the next in line and so forth.