Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by matelo99, Sep 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: Airshows

If you want to go you will soon find the place whats the prob??

Mind air shows are not the places to be these days after options for change no Bucks no Hunters except the civvie no Jags just BOB flight and a few wing stalkers .
  2. I was referring to the fact that the stupid bint thought she was at RAF Yeovilton!!!!!!! FFS! It really annoys me when despite the Fly navy and Royal navy and Welcome to RNAS Yeovilton that people still haven't got a bloody clue. Grrrrrrrr!!!
  3. Don't you remember when the Cornwall's captured crew came home they were taken away in RAF Seakings? Yeah, the ones with ROYAL NAVY all down the tail cones. Whenever I mention my job to a civvy, the first thing they normally say is, "Aeroplanes? In the Navy?". We really do a hopeless job publicising the FAA.
  4. Ditto, when i told the in-laws i was off to Afghanistan, they asked where I'd park the ship!!

The year on the photo was correct though, as this year there were only 8 arrows in the display.
  5. I think that that was become one of the display pilots broke a leg a couple of weeks earlier.
  6. Pity. Wonder why they brought 10 hawks with them then.......
  7. They probably could not rely on the serviceability of the ones they hoped to display.
  8. Local newspaper up here in crabland recently called 801 squadron RAF? makes you think what the press release officers are doing.

801 squadron does not even exist yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Perhaps she was one of those rare crabs? You know, the ones with a sense of humour!

I remember the Navy taking over RAF Stornoway a few years ago for a CVS's ACT. Two weeks we were there doing all the ATC. Major sense of humour failure when their station commander found out we were answering all the phone calls as 'Royal Naval Air Station Stornoway good morning...........'

Like I said, 'Crabs, no sense of humour!'
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I remember on board HMS Bristol we had a Crab Air flyboy land on in his RAF helo. Pompous arse, prancing around like he owned the place, giving it the big 'I AM'; lots of under the breath mumblings as he went forward to the Force Ops Room for an exercise brief...

...Brief over, he returns to the Flight Deck and flys off.

I would love to have seen the face of his CO when he returned to his Unit, with the undercarriage of his helo covered in "Fly Navy" zap stickers...

:thumbright: :wink: