Aircrewman

Do you have to be British Citizen to volunteer as an Aircrewman (rating) once you are in the RN? Is there a minimum length of service before you can apply? I would appreciate any details that people can provide me. I have glanced through the other threads on this, however, many are unspecific and seem to drift from the main issue raised at the start.

Thanks as always.

We had quite a few coloured aircrewmen when me and Waspie were Aircrewmen, sure they couldnt all have been British citizens :wink:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Nationality restrictions with regard "sideways entry" trades (Aircrew, PTI & Navy Quattro Constable) are not unfortunately listed in the recruiting regulations as it's an 'in service' issue.

From a recruiting perspective, the advice with regard any sideways entry trade is that individuals are strongly advised not to join the service based purely on the grounds of assuming a transfer will be possible as there is categorically no guarantee. It is important to join in a trade you wish to actually be employed within as there is more chance that you will be employed in that trade than any other.

Ninja_Stoker said:
Nationality restrictions with regard "sideways entry" trades (Aircrew, PTI & Navy Quattro Constable) are not unfortunately listed in the recruiting regulations as it's an 'in service' issue.
If I get to become a Navy Quattro Constable, can I threaten to go round peoples houses and stamp on all their toys like Gene Hunt?

scouse said:
We had quite a few coloured aircrewmen when me and Waspie were Aircrewmen, sure they couldnt all have been British citizens :wink:
Yup, Gerry Vilkru, (Sikh), 848 NAS aircrewman rings a bell and his race didn't effect his death when his Wx 5 went in off Looe Bar.

I don't think the service is adverse to trying to get any one killed if required!!!!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N The Fleet Air Arm 13
T The Fleet Air Arm 21
D The Corps 2