Aircrew Medical Advice

bicky7

Hi Chaps,
Had a look around but have not really seen anything on the topic.

Was wondering if anyone had an expertise in the area of the Aircrew Medical and Training/Gym Supplements.

I take a number of supplements for rugby and weight training (All legal and trusted by sport approved) however was wondering if these could have an effect on my urine analysis. As I'm told proteins and LFT's/Kidney function is all covered in the medical. Creatine for one can affect your water balance levels etc so will be one I will stop taking a few weeks before but wondering if anyone has any advice or been in the same boat.

Thanks in advance.

Waspie

War Hero
As you've used the word 'expertise', your in the wrong place. This is an unofficial RN forum. Any advice given may be misleading, considering the depth of reply you are expecting.

jsf-35

Midshipman
When I had my medical I was advised to avoid any training supplements for at least 48 hours to avoid messing with the urine test.
A week may be even safer. Check with AFCO to make sure.
Best of luck

bicky7

As you've used the word 'expertise', your in the wrong place. This is an unofficial RN forum. Any advice given may be misleading, considering the depth of reply you are expecting.
Apologises poor choice of words however I was aware that this was unofficial and only looking for advice.

bicky7

When I had my medical I was advised to avoid any training supplements for at least 48 hours to avoid messing with the urine test.
A week may be even safer. Check with AFCO to make sure.
Best of luck
Brillliant thank you mate. I think I’ll stick to a week just to be on the safe side.

Wig2019

I had my medical booked with only a few days notice so I only stopped protein shakes about a day before medical came up and just explained to the doctor about it and he said no worries I'll bear it in mind. Got through no problems