Aircraft incident earlier today.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by BillyNoMates, Apr 30, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Still amazes me in this day and age how we get crashes. With all that technological and intelectual advances of today, this really shouldn't be happening.

2. The causes are invariably no different to car crashes.......they're called humans.

In this case I would be willing to bet a few ales that it was man-made. Given the vertical component evident in the photos and report and the lack of horizontal, it is a fair conclusion that the aircraft was in a stalled condition. Perhaps it was an unrecovered spin but there is no suggestion or evidence from what little there is to see or read.

General aviation aircraft of today are a little more advanced than the 1940s but, apart from more efficient and powerful engines and some better gear to tell the pilots where they are, the same rules apply to now as they did then and human errors are still very much in evidence.

3. Well they do say that any fail is man made. Problem is though these aircraft usually take a few human errors before they crash and die.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I'm guessing you are aware @Pontius is a fighter & commercial airline 'pilate'?

• Like Like x 1
  5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

He's not aware of very much from reading his posts. You forgot to add "and also a man who appreciates the female form"

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. At last; someone who recognises my true calling :)

PS: Love Flashheart:
    "Treat your women like your kites" :D

• Like Like x 2
  8. And here's me thinking that it was John Travolta.

9. Are you laughing at me, Centuwion?

10. What a community here, so lovely indeed.

As it goes I used to take interest in aviation and used to be an aviation enthusiast. But the comments still stand, like I said, it is a man made error, in fact it is rare that errors are actually caused by anything other than a human. Unless it would be naturally caused of course, any how, many Aircraft today - especially the mighty Airbus' are able to detect human error, and rectify it.

11. You really need to stop writing about things of which you have no knowledge. You did this in the 'joining up' forum and now you're doing it here. Taking a few photographs of aircraft does not make you an expert on design or capability.

Likewise, you need to learn to be consistent in what you write. You said at the start of this thread that it, "Still amazes me in this day and age how we get crashes. With all that technological and intelectual advances of today, this really shouldn't be happening." You then further explain to us that, "it is rare that errors are actually caused by anything other than a human" but "many Aircraft today - especially the mighty Airbus' are able to detect human error, and rectify it." Why are you amazed if you already know the reasons are "man made errors"? The only thing that's correct in your ramblings is that humans will make mistakes; something I pointed out in my initial reply. I would love to know what "technological and intelectual (sic) advances" exist in a Slingsby T67 that mean "this really shouldn't be happening". Also, please enlighten me as to which Airbus systems detect and correct human errors and I'll ensure my colleagues are made aware of them because I'm afraid, at the moment, we're clearly delinquent in our understanding and knowledge. While doing so, you might want to publish your findings so that Air France and Air Asia are aware of these systems, as recent accidents don't quite gel with your knowledge of Airbus capabilities.

I realise you're still quite young and want to get involved in the discussions on these forums but you really need to do a bit of research and take a few minutes to think before you post. You've managed offer advice about joining the RN, comment on medical conditions and (incorrectly) surmise about aircraft systems with no knowledge whatsoever of any of the topics. I am sure that many on here will joke that makes you ideal officer material but, please, just concentrate on your studies and stop offering advice when you're not in a position to do so.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Oh sorry 'ard didn't realise I took photographs of planes. Sadly you've simply only read a small fraction of my posts, and yet I have simply only joined this forum a few days ago!

You know nothing about me, and my knowledge. Of course, being an commercial pilot you would know more. But please remember that you're clearly a senior person on this forum - you've been here for many moons. I am merely a new soul, and so any feedback I receive would be greatly appreciated.

:)

13. Oh and just to clarify before you reply - I've actually had a lot of experience on forums, including the biggest one on the internet (other than reddit). Being a top contributor and graded the best answer nearly 50% of the answers I post certainly says something.

• Bullshit Bullshit x 1
    • Braindead Braindead x 1
  14. I can personally confirm that two members of the RAF died in this accident.
    Let's stop with the bickering please.

BNM