Aircraft Handler!!

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by ripper, Dec 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is this job like? Ripper
  2. Fcuk this, I'm going home.
  3. It's a bit like handling aircraft
  4. When we get new aircraft they've got handles on so you can lift them out of the box. An Aircraft De-handler takes them off then the Aircraft Handler then puts them onto the defective one ready for returning through the normal stores channel.
  5. It's a bit like being a pilot, except you get to fly a tractor and never leave the ground.
  6. I think ripper that there are a few wedge technician threads on here to keep you busy for a while.

standing by for - whats a wedge tech question
  7. Absolutely no doubt about it. RIPPER you are COTW and you probably don't have to try all that hard to achieve it.
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Basically all you need to know is on the downloadable careers publication on the RN website.

In precis: Largely working outdoors in all weathers, trained aircraft fire-fighters/aircrew rescue, driver training thrown-in, largely involved in playing mental chess moving aircraft around multi-spot ships & air-stations.

Two year wait to join.
  9. Oh dear, does the poor bugger know whats hit him
  10. Have you passed the RT yet
  11. Give him a chance, he's still breast feeding.
  12. Don't get him started on that please!
  13. :roll: :roll: You have to do this Ripper :wink:
  14. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

This has to be the bonest thing written or said ever. It even surpasses the statement by a Brazilian plumber at Stockwell tube when he said to his muckers one morning "Bet i can make it to the platform without paying and without anyone noticing"
  15. Seriously now, i am not being a cnut but......

You have already had the piss taken out of you for acting like a fcuking mong and asking stupid questions, you have been nominated for COTW for the two weeks in a row. I am not saying i know everything because i don't but it took me about a minute to find out about the role you mentioned on the RN website, i had a look because i was going to write a post taking the piss.

Seriously, just for one minute engage your two brain cells before saying anything else. I am a newbie and therefore do not qualify to rip into you but for fcuk sake, it is no wonder some of the serving and ex-serving members on this site get pissed off.

Even if they are a bunch of old twats.
  16. Seconded.
  17. All of you a fools except a couple of you!! WTF have i done wrong? No i haven't passed my RT but i have it on the 12TH January! Hopefully i pass!!

18. Hopefully you don't.
  19. What is wrong with you? And why don't you want me too?
  20. Don't let these meanies upset you, visit uncle Blackrats problem page, he'll help you out