AIRCRAFT GROUNDED DUE TO FOG

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Backpacker1uk, Dec 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thought that was a thing of the past with all the high tech about these days.

Even Liverpool diverted to Blackpool. This could mean less consumption of the IRISH MEDICINE when travelling back and forth.

[​IMG]

LONDON (Reuters) - British Airways said it had been forced to cancel 160 of its 400 shorthaul flights to and from Heathrow Airport on Wednesday due to heavy fog that was expected to linger for another two days.

Domestic routes and flights between Heathrow and Europe were the worst hit, while BA said it had managed to operate its longhaul schedule despite some lengthy delays.

2. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

And just why is this news a Site Issue?

Possibly a 'sight' issue, with restricted viz.

3. Cos I am flying back to UK on Sunday. Any news of Gatwick?, English news and weather is short on the ground around here.

Nutty

4. Fog is forecast for the next five days Nutty :cry:

5. Coz I don't want to end up in Blackpool waiting for a coach. Or boring Manchester!! Sooner bob about on the ferry if it is running that is at least they have a bar.

6. The indications are that the vis will have improved from it's current 'very poor' to 'poor' or even 'moderate'

If your return is of 'high imortance' then perhaps looking at alternate routes may be a 'good thing'.

Best wishes for ther festive season

7. Flying Monarch into Gatwick on Xmas Eve pm being a Sunday most bums on seats should have moved by then. Just to spend Christmas with our daughters and do a bit of shopping before coming back to the land of sun. Back to currant bun now, about 62F, after a night of heavy rain.

Nutty

8. Nutty if you can fit them into your case please bring me 6 sunbeams and 10 degrees of extra temperature.

9. Not moving anywhere over the festive season this year. Next trip is another planning trip to the Algarve which coincides with wedding anniversary.