Aircraft Controllers

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Jack1981, Sep 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What do people actually think of seagoing AC's?

2. Hard working

3. Their all brill! Incredibly professional, harding work and all round top matelots. Unfortunatley there is a serious misunderstanding around the fleet of their capabilities both afloat and ashore.

4. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Do I get the feeling there are some people who should really declare an interest in this topic :dwarf:

5. They also have their own locked Forum. :w00t:

6. .....and if it wasn't for you pesky kids I would have gotten away with it!!!

7. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Even with new super powers I don't seem able to sniff it out :batman: I'll keep searching though!

8. cheif tiff The locked forum thing is from the early days of RR,nobody knows where it is ,who they are .I dont think there actually is one.

9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Even if you don't know where it is, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist... 8O :wink:

• Like Like x 1

10. Well said farenheit, yes we are.

As for the locked forum, there is one, but they wont let me in and i'm one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. My experience is of highly dedicated individuals on ship, but absolute social hand-grenades off it! (Obviously I leave them to it and take no part in such tomfoolery.....ahem!)

12. I have been known to sink a few pints whilst ashore and take part in said tomfoolery

13. onWell said one eyed willy. ACs need to let their hair down every now and then. As for the Forum i have also requested to join but had no reply as of yet?

14. I reckon a sea going AAC would be a good thing, Oh sorry you said an AC. :thumright:

15. Anyway whats the point of that question and whats your opinion? Are we gonna discuss every branch or are you just another Wannabe AC......like the rest of the FAA and most of the Cod-Gobs?

16. Erm...........I can get into the forum, but I`ve never posted anything in there as I`m not a believer of a closed shop. And yes being an old Chockhead I was an Air Traffic Controller as well.

17. I'm ex FAA and concur with

Farenheit who stated
    Anyway whats the point of that question and whats your opinion? Are we gonna discuss every branch or are you just another Wannabe AC...... etc.

The Chief tiff aslo made a good point

ANY WAY THEIR ALL CHOCKHEADS TO ME (and I spent a lot of time on the Dummy Deck so don't PM me).

18. Oh yes there is. In forums named 'The Controlling Branches' but you need to know the secret handshake to get in!

19. Hey! Thought i would make a post, i passed AIB and was accepted for pilot but failed for observer and passed for ATC Officer.

if i dont get Pilot then i am 100% commited to take ATC as being an officer in the RN is the most important thing to me.

Is this a good job that is worthwhile? What can it involve?

20. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I thought all WAFU's were