Aircraft controller info

Alfacharlie

War Hero
I was wondering what the differences are between an aircraft controller and an air traffic controller
Aircraft control involves the more tactical aspect. Looking for submarines etc. Also, day to day tasks such as transfers of personnel and getting mail onboard. You’ll qualify in this role once LAC’s course is complete.
ATC is working in the towers at VL, CU etc. but also on the carrier’s. Not really a tactical element. You’ll qualify for this after JATCC as either a senior rate, or if you join as an officer, you’ll do this when course is available. However, on completion of JATCC, you still have qualify in certain positions by gaining your tickets. (Ground, local, approach, director etc.)

Hope this helps. This information is pretty much correct when I was in, I left 12 years ago.

Scraig

Midshipman
Aircraft control involves the more tactical aspect. Looking for submarines etc. Also, day to day tasks such as transfers of personnel and getting mail onboard. You’ll qualify in this role once LAC’s course is complete.
ATC is working in the towers at VL, CU etc. but also on the carrier’s. Not really a tactical element. You’ll qualify for this after JATCC as either a senior rate, or if you join as an officer, you’ll do this when course is available. However, on completion of JATCC, you still have qualify in certain positions by gaining your tickets. (Ground, local, approach, director etc.)

Hope this helps. This information is pretty much correct when I was in, I left 12 years ago.
Thanks for the info mate.

D

Deleted 108567

Thanks for the info mate.
Aircraft control in today's FAA appears to have reverted back to the 1940's when the RAF were ostensibly in charge of it. Few aircraft carriers could put to sea until the ascribed crabfats ambled aboard.
There are vacancies in the RAF. Offer your talents there I suggest.

redmonkey

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Ignore the advice from @rumtubb as he is more of an old has been than most of us on here.
He is also full of shit and poisonous in his comments, taking any opportunity to slate the modern RN.
Please don't take my word for it, please check for yourself throughout the site.

This goes with all advice that may be given on here as some people are more upto date than others and give better advice.

Last edited:

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Aircraft control in today's FAA appears to have reverted back to the 1940's when the RAF were ostensibly in charge of it. Few aircraft carriers could put to sea until the ascribed crabfats ambled aboard.
There are vacancies in the RAF. Offer your talents there I suggest.
You’re just a gobshite pal. Why would you even reply to a thread that has cock all to do with you? You absolute penis.
The lad,or ladess, asked for advice. ******