Air Traffic Control Officer

Rich m

Hi can anyone answer this question please.
I am looking at joining the RN as an AIr Traffic Control Officer.
if I was lucky enough to get accepted, is this a career path that could / would be accepted in a civilian ATC role?
Thanks you

Lewys2003

Badgeman
Good morning,
I'm hoping to go down the same path, I have passed my FATs and was going for Observer until I was told I was PMU for that role.
However, after appealing to one of the chief medical officers, I could continue as long as I passed my Aircrew medical.

So basically wanted to ask the same question regarding the career path and so on.

Thanks in advance.

Waspie

War Hero
Hi can anyone answer this question please.
I am looking at joining the RN as an AIr Traffic Control Officer.
if I was lucky enough to get accepted, is this a career path that could / would be accepted in a civilian ATC role?
Thanks you
Yup is the short answer!! I believe Turnhouse at Edinburgh and Prestwick in Ayrshire were joint manned. Civvy & Mil. (Crabs and Pusser air traffickers).

Edited to say, I see @Alfacharlie has PM'd you. Disregard my comments as he is way more current. (Or should that be raisin????)

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Yup is the short answer!! I believe Turnhouse at Edinburgh and Prestwick in Ayrshire were joint manned. Civvy & Mil. (Crabs and Pusser air traffickers).

Edited to say, I see @Alfacharlie has PM'd you. Disregard my comments as he is way more current. (Or should that be raisin????)
I’ve been busy with work, also, Norman getting on my tits.