Air Experience Course, 727 NAS at RAF Leeming - 21st July

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by JaFAA, Jul 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone off to this???? Or has anyone been to one and wanna tell me what it's like?

Sounds pretty fun... gonna get to go in a plane! 8O

2. Re: Air Experience Course, 727 NAS at RAF Leeming - 21st Jul

My guess is that you'll be fitted for a helmet and coveralls, and then given a safety brief, and then have 45-60 mins flying experience, with an opportunity to take the controls, and to do some aerobatics.

Should be great fun - Many years ago Leeming was the base for the RN's elementary flying training - we lived at Leeming, as did the Bulldogs, and we flew daily from Topcliffe, so we did not get in the way of the grown-ups!

3. We received 40 mins flying at Yeovilton on a 'Potential Air Officer Experience Day'.
    Then an enthusiastic chat about JSF, good chats to some trainee pilots on holdover, and a tour around ATC (was I the only one interested in that?),a walk around the historic flight.

It was well worth it

4. Awesome.

Okay next question. If it's just a bit of a tour and a go in a plane, can anyone think why the e-mail I received would say "Candidates should also bring Sports Kit, Trainers and Wash Kit".

The timetable doesn't mention anything that might need this??!?

The time table is as follows:

9:00 Shares
    9:30 Arrive
    9:45 Welcome
    10:00 DVD & FS
    10:30 SE Fit
    10:45 Flt Brief
    11:30 Fly
    12:15 Land
    12:45 Lunch
    14:15 FAA Brief
    15:00 FN100 Vid
    15:30 CNR Brief
    16:15 Cse Q&A
    16:30 SE Return
    16:45 Depart

I don't see any sports activities there...?!

5. Re: Air Experience Course, 727 NAS at RAF Leeming - 21st Jul

JaFAA

What did the answer to your last question turn out to be?

6. "Dog Watch Sports"!!!!