Air Engineer Officer

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Happymate99, Dec 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,
    I am expected to study Engineering in Cambridge University. So looking ahead, I think it would be nice if i could join MoD as an officer. But I am lacking some much needed info. I really appreciate your time in helping me solve my questions.

1) Is the officer Mess given by the RN any good? (Pictures will be kindly appreciated)

2)I have been living a pretty high life as my parents are doctors, could the pay and the accommodation given by the RN mean that i could still enjoy a luxurious life?

3) All I want to do is to work with aircrafts. Annoyingly there is the Army Air Corps, Fleet air Arm and the RAF. So could anyone clearly state the differences between the officer's of the Army, RN and RAF. And, what branch would you choose between the three?

2. Well, I dont check what I write, my english is pretty bad (Basically, I didn't check my spelling mistakes)

3. Good God man its Christmas, now have a mince pie, get a life and find yourself a big plump bird to baste and stuff, and take a few days off from being a nonce, for the sake of the yuletide season .....

4. " I need a job, and i want to be the AEOs writer ", Sung to the words Paper back writer :wink: :wink: You defo will need those white ovies SIR Nialz :lol: :lol:

5. Sorry to dissapoint you but the RN only appoints Oxford graduates as AEOs.
    The Wardroom ( The RN does not have an Occifers mess) has all the ambiance of a gentlemans club, so you would possibly feel out of place as Lap dancers are not normally allowed in.
    The pay as an AEO would allow you to enjoy a luxurious life, however wardroom bills could leave you a little short oc cash by the middle of the month.

6. Don't bite, don't bite, don't bite.....

7. Cannot - My teeth are still frozen solid in the glass :cry:

8. thats what you get for living on Portsea Island: you are aware that central heating has been invented?

9. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Happymate99 wrote
    In Bangalore?

I hope that you'd be more thorough if checking maintenance and repairs on aircraft.

10. fails_as_is

fails_as_is Badgeman Book Reviewer

First of all, I would question your eligibilty to get to Cambridge to study engineering if you can't post to a forum without making grammatical and spelling errors. This would not bode well either for an application as an Officer in any of the Armed Forces. Check the careers area of the website for educational eligibility criteria before making an application.

11. :roll: :roll: that is something the maintainers, would never entrust an AEO to aspire to :wink: we like to keep the A700s up to date,and safe for Pilots acceptance!!!