Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aint that a kick in the head

bk86

Badgeman
With a week and a half untill I was due to travel to HMS Raleigh turns out one of my eyes could give Mr Magoo a run for his money and won't be going after all.

Not after any sympathy or that but thought I'd say thank you to the various contributors for helping me either directly or indirectly and would like to wish every one a cracking career, especially those joining as Aircraft Handlers on the 15th of June. Never been an avid poster but this site has informed and entertained so thanks again for the info and most importantly the laughs

Good luck to all.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
What a nightmare. Whilst you may not be seeking sympathy, you certainly have mine as you must have been waiting a long time to join and to find out at this late stage must be a crushing blow, whichever way you look at it.

I can only assume your eyesight must have deteriorated since first applying as this would normally have been picked-up at the very beginning of the application, certainly not at the very end.

The very best of luck, wherever life takes you. It maybe worth a chat with the RFA Occupational Health guru, via the RN Medical Manager (the Lt you spoke to) to check whether the RFA have different entry criteria in respect of eyesight - worth a shot.

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Sorry to hear that BK. Listen to Ninja. If it's a life at sea you want then the RFA is a great option as medical standards, whilst still strict to a certain extent, can allow someone PMU for the RN the chance of a career at sea.

Admittedly, there is a lack of aircraft to handle but you may be ok to join our happy, band of interesting folk...

Yep, the RFA will take most RN rejects. So, if you're fat or diabetic, struggling to breathe, on medication, unfit or have just got shit eyesight, you need the RFA!!

Well they let me in...

Good luck in whatever you end up doing.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

bk86

Badgeman
Thanks guys, had a quick look at the rfa website and one or two roles stick out so will think about that since a life at sea would still be appealing especially if they are as interesting as ex j makes out! Fat diabetics? Where do I sign up.

NS from what the medical manager said it was an error by the doctor conducting my medical and I should never have got this far. As gutted as I am there are a few positives as I can swim now (even go in the deep end without p****** my self unintentionally), have never been fitter and left my s*** job listening to people moan about tyres.

If I am right unemployed people spend their time getting drunk watching Jeremy Kyle. I am away to get my joggings on and get plastered.

Ex J and NS. Thanks for the advice will think on it.

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Swimming is vital in the RFA. The Seaman's Mission in Dubai has a great pool.

Der Alte

Badgeman
Swimming is vital in the RFA. The Seaman's Mission in Dubai has a great pool.

And the Jebel Ali Hotel had an even better one; with a bar attached to it!

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Ahhh yes Gerbil Alley. Tis quite nice there.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BillyNoMates There 'aint 'arf been some crabby bas**rds Diamond Lil's 0
F It aint half hot mum ! Diamond Lil's 37
Rumrat This Bit Aint Funny Current Affairs 21
NotmeChief If this aint Jack, there is no such breed. Diamond Lil's 20
golden_rivet ... biological determinism aint such a load of old cobblers Diamond Lil's 8
MoD_RSS Culture Secretary kick starts expert taskforce to work on fans' return to elite sports venues MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £40 million to kick start next-gen nuclear technology MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Liz Truss kick-starts trade negotiations with Australia and New Zealand MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Liz Truss kick-starts trade negotiations with Japan   MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Liz Truss kick-starts UK-US trade talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Early years apps approved to help families kick start learning at home MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Farming robots and eco-buildings the future as research kick-starts new innovations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: M6’s purple pipes kick off new life on school sports pitch MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Kick-off for partnership aiming to get fans home safely MoD News 0
JockJack Kick Boxing in the RN Health & Fitness 18
Murph Nosh you off or kick her off? Diamond Lil's 20
witsend Vote for me or I'll kick your head in Current Affairs 7
witsend Kick A Migrant Diamond Lil's 13
D Kick out a Migrant! Diamond Lil's 7
slim I'll kick out 4,000 foreign prisoners, vows Brown Diamond Lil's 22
brazenhussy Firms told to help smokers kick habit The Quarterdeck 13
C Kick in the teeth for an elderly soldier! Charity 18
slim RAPIST'S JAIL TERM A KICK IN THE TEETH, SAYS MUM The Quarterdeck 20
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: statement for the Interactive Dialogue with the Head of the Independent Investigative Mechanism for Myanmar MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Simon Case appointed as Cabinet Secretary and Head of the Civil Service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Meet RWM’s Head of Technical Strategy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Minister and Head of the US Army sign Modernisation Agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Head of Technical Support - Southampton MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement in response to the Head of the OSCE Programme Office in Nur-Sultan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Former head of RAF to be appointed chair of the UK Civil Aviation Authority MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement in response to Dr Claus Neukirch, head of the OSCE mission to Moldova MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement in response to OSCE Head of Mission visit to Montenegro MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement in response to OSCE Head of Mission visit to Kosovo MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement in response to OSCE Head of Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vacancy: Head of Business Support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Going East: Midlands healthcare firms head for a global future MoD News 0
soleil Sun: "Prince Philip Wants Princess Anne To Head Up The Royal Marines Once Harry Quits" The Corps 47
MoD_RSS ESFA’s National Careers Service head awarded in New Year’s Honours MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UKEF appoints Carl Williamson as Head of Trade Finance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Interim head of pensions watchdog appointed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vacancy: Head of External Communications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Head of British Diplomatic Service travels to Honduras MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Head of British Diplomatic Service travels to Guatemala MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Head for the Defence and Security Accelerator MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Head of Corporate Affairs at the Student Loans Company MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Head of Government Digital Service to take on new role MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: British Bike exports soar as the UK's best head for Manchester MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: HM Land Registry’s Head of Digital talks geospatial data and blockchain MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Change of the Head of the UK Delegation to OSCE in Vienna in March 2019 MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Press release: New crew and UK experiment head to the International Space Station MoD News 0