Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by Chris06, May 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am soon to attend the AIB
    My first choice, if successful is to join as an ATC officer. Has anyone got any information on the type of questions I might get asked in my interview stage, obviously they will be Aviation related, but in relation to ships and personnel, how in-depth will the questions be? If there is anyone else who is soon to take there AIB, please say.

2. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

You are going to get asked about your career pattern, how long at Dartmouth, training, major landmarks in your career etc, promotion patterns, likely employment, they want to know that you have put some work in.

Recently the AIB have changed the way they ask questions, they will ask questions like: When you were in a position of high stress/ expected failure etc how did you cope, they are situational questions so think about these things before attending.

You are expected to have a fair understanding of current affairs and an opinion! so be honest.

Ask your careers office to lend you a copy of the newest AIB DVD and watch it a few times so you know what to expect.

Good Luck. :lol:
  3. If asked why you want to be an ATCO, say that you were attracted by the private members group for elite ATCs on Rum Ration....