AIB waiting time

Hi everyone,
So I'm new to Navynet, but I'm hoping that someone on here can enlighten me as to the crack with how long between the Career Discussion 1/Sift Interview is a normal length of time to wait for a date for AIB? I'm applying for the Warfare branch, passed my interview in August and as of yet haven't heard anything from AIB.
Is this normal and does anyone know the average length of time it should take to hear back, as the AFCO couldn't say?

Waspie

War Hero
Check with your local recruiting office!
That can inform you of current waiting times etc.
Please remember this is an unofficial Naval site.

sim

I'm a step behind you training for my fitness exam, and asked my ACLO the same thing. They were confident if I was to complete the test this month, had my career interview sometime in Feb or Mar, "when they could fit me in" and I was deemed prepared and ready for the AIB, it would be sometime in summer.

But, yeah... get in touch with your ACLO, who knows, maybe I'll see you at BRNC. :)

soleil

War Hero
Hi everyone,
So I'm new to Navynet, but I'm hoping that someone on here can enlighten me as to the crack with how long between the Career Discussion 1/Sift Interview is a normal length of time to wait for a date for AIB? I'm applying for the Warfare branch, passed my interview in August and as of yet haven't heard anything from AIB.
Is this normal and does anyone know the average length of time it should take to hear back, as the AFCO couldn't say?
What has your ACLO said?

Hi Waspie, I checked with the AFCO, they couldn't even tell me! It was their suggestion to look on forums and see what sort of waiting times other applicants were experiencing to try to put an estimate on my own. :confused:

I'm a step behind you training for my fitness exam, and asked my ACLO the same thing. They were confident if I was to complete the test this month, had my career interview sometime in Feb or Mar, "when they could fit me in" and I was deemed prepared and ready for the AIB, it would be sometime in summer.

But, yeah... get in touch with your ACLO, who knows, maybe I'll see you at BRNC. :)
Ah nice, good luck with your phys test! That's good that they gave you a start point for estimating the time between your interview and AIB, seems like 3-4 months is sounding normal if that's the time they've given you.
Maybe so! Hopefully we both get in!

Waspie

War Hero
Hi Waspie, I checked with the AFCO, they couldn't even tell me! It was their suggestion to look on forums and see what sort of waiting times other applicants were experiencing to try to put an estimate on my own. :confused:
Truly stunned by that reply from them!!
Forums can tell you anything you want to hear, (not necessarily the truth). I'd keep badgering them. In the end someone may go pick up a phone and find out for you. (In light of what 'Sim' has quoted. His AFCO has obviously access to more info!!)
Good luck and don't let up.

soleil

War Hero
When you rang, were you able to speak to the ACLO himself/herself?

Ray1218

Midshipman
I'm in the same boat as you, passed careers discussion in October and have been waiting for letter/call/email about AIB since, after I was told an inital waiting time of 4-6 weeks. I have been told unofficially by someone in service that there are a good few AIB places opening up on february/march time so if you want something from the forums take that with a pinch of salt. Best of luck when you do get it!

TangoWhisky

Midshipman
If it's any help, I was put forward to the AIB waiting list last week. My AFCO told me that for Warfare General Service there are still candidates waiting from Aug 19. I've been told that I'll most likely miss the September 2020 intake.

tommy1998

Hi everyone,

Hi mate,

im in a similar situation, waiting for a AIB and going for warfare officer. Did my career discussion 5 months ago and still waiting for a AIB date, just wondering how long it took you to get a date in the end?

Hi Mate,

In the end it took me 7 months to get a date, which only happened after I raised it directly to the AIB, and they found an admin error on their part with the request. That said however, given the current circumstances of COVID-19, they're not operating as quickly as they were then, and I'm now awaiting a new date because they've cancelled all current boards until after lockdown, temporarily replacing them with virtual boards to be conducted over video call on Skype. So now I'm back to waiting for a date for a virtual board, which could mean waiting for months again, potentially until August!

tommy1998

Hi Mate,

In the end it took me 7 months to get a date, which only happened after I raised it directly to the AIB, and they found an admin error on their part with the request. That said however, given the current circumstances of COVID-19, they're not operating as quickly as they were then, and I'm now awaiting a new date because they've cancelled all current boards until after lockdown, temporarily replacing them with virtual boards to be conducted over video call on Skype. So now I'm back to waiting for a date for a virtual board, which could mean waiting for months again, potentially until August!
Thats shocking, good to know it’s not just me though in a way. How did you get in touch with the AIB directly and is that advisable to do as I’m not getting much out of my Afco and she’s now advising I enter as a rating which wastes a year of my life waiting for this haha

best of luck

jdoo49

If it helps just to show current advice - I'm a bit further behind most of you but I've got my career discussion upcoming and been told that candidates at this stage now are not likely to get an AIB date until "sometime in the autumn term", unless you're going for a shortage category. So best case scenario I'm 'aiming' for Jan 2021, but with the backlog and recent events, more than likely May 2021 or later. The good ol' waiting game ensues....

It was pretty bad yeah! I found an email that I'd been sent previously about recruitment stuff that was from someone who works at the AIB. So I emailed them asking them to tell me what was going on, explained how long I'd been waiting etc etc. and they ended up taking a closer look, getting in touch with my ACLO, and then they found the problem. I'm not sure how advisable it is to get in touch with the AIB directly, I can't see the harm in it personally as it shows willing and that this is something that you actually do want to do... But at the same time I wouldn't do it until all routes with your AFCO and ACLO are exhausted. I'm really surprised that they recommended you go as a Rating though! One of my friends who is also waiting for and AIB date told them that she was going to go as a Rating because it was taking too long to get an AIB, and they encouraged her to stay in the officer pipeline, saying that it wouldn't really take any less time to wait for a Ratings selection course. Why does your ACLO suggest going as a Rating? To wait a year in the officer pipeline only to then be told to go in as a Rating doesn't make a lot of sense.

If it helps just to show current advice - I'm a bit further behind most of you but I've got my career discussion upcoming and been told that candidates at this stage now are not likely to get an AIB date until "sometime in the autumn term", unless you're going for a shortage category. So best case scenario I'm 'aiming' for Jan 2021, but with the backlog and recent events, more than likely May 2021 or later. The good ol' waiting game ensues....

Good luck with your career discussion! Yeah if you're still yet to have your discussion then you'll be waiting for a few months after that for a date! January 2021 should sound realistic, but I hope you'll understand my scepticism given my experience of waiting for a date (I was aiming for a March 2020 intake AFTER my career discussion). I'll have been in the pipeline for 2 years provided I make this September intake! On a serious note I hope that you have an easier experience than me, and that you do make the Jan 2021 intake!

Lovablesnowman

Midshipman
I'll have been in the pipeline for 2 years provided I make this September intake! On a serious note I hope that you have an easier experience than me, and that you do make the Jan 2021 intake!
2+ years waiting to get in.... Jesus Christ and they wonder why they have a manpower crisis. Genuinely is there any other field of employment where such staggering incompetence and inefficiency would be tolerated?

crash_evans

War Hero
2+ years waiting to get in.... Jesus Christ and they wonder why they have a manpower crisis. Genuinely is there any other field of employment where such staggering incompetence and inefficiency would be tolerated?
What are you basing these comments on? Have you experienced any incompetence or inefficiency?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waspie

War Hero
I believe the Army will take anyone with a pulse!!!

Zoidberg

War Hero
The 2 year waiting time would surely prove that recruitment isn't an issue.

The crisis isn't anything to do with getting people in, it's preventing the trained bods from binning out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Waiting for AIB Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
M Waiting time for AIB? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
wetanduseless Still waiting to hear from AIB Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
B Waiting time for Rating after AIB fail Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
I waiting time from sending off AIB forms to AIB date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
N Waiting ages for my AIB Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 17
SeaBiscuit RFA Officer Cadet Interview and AIB RFA 1
T Officer Inreview Questions Pre-AIB Joining the Royal Navy 2
C AIB revision Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
R Selection after AIB Joining the Royal Navy 2
D Warfare Officer AIB Feb 2020 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
S AIB fail - join RNR? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
S Failed AIB - 12 months wait to retry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
O Aircrew AIB - February 2020 Joining the Royal Navy 1
J How soon after AIB (FAA) is the Aircrew Medical? Joining the Royal Navy 1
A Failed AIB - Considering Rating route Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
C AIB study books - current and good Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
C June AIB Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
B Aircrew Officer Pilot - Upcoming AIB Prep. Joining the Royal Navy 1
C AIB swimming test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
C AIB pass rate Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
J Upcoming AIB for TMO Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
TheMau5e Failed AIB entry for warfare Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Y AIB Layout Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
L AIB and aircrew medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
H AIB Prep - What are the keys to success? Joining the Royal Navy 4
G How often do the AIB interviews take place? Joining the Royal Navy 5
C AIB - no return Joining the Royal Navy 3
G AIB 21st may 2018 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
woody28 AIB score?? Joining the Royal Navy 4
H PANDORA / T Score - FATS/AIB Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
D Does anyone have experience with the JobTestPrep guide for AIB? RFA 4
C AIB - 2018 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
A AIB Joining the Royal Navy 3
Kelvin AIB Diary - 2018 Format Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
W AIB Current Royal Navy Operations Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
W AIB Questionnaire and Final Prep Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
W Passed AIB however told selection unlikely Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
J Passed AIB with a near Perfect Score, what can I do while I wait? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 41
photface New AIB format fitness Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
W AIB Interview Questions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
M Commissioned without going to AIB? Submariners 12
TheMau5e Failed FATs... Can i still take AIB? The Fleet Air Arm 17
D Planning Exercises - AIB Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
M AIB date? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
WannabeAdmiral Yet another AIB experience Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 56
WannabeAdmiral The temple of the almighty AIB soup The Gash Barge 26
TechFin Can you delay an AIB? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
P Numeracy for AIB. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
photface Current affairs for AIB Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11