AIB waiting time

Hi everyone,
So I'm new to Navynet, but I'm hoping that someone on here can enlighten me as to the crack with how long between the Career Discussion 1/Sift Interview is a normal length of time to wait for a date for AIB? I'm applying for the Warfare branch, passed my interview in August and as of yet haven't heard anything from AIB.
Is this normal and does anyone know the average length of time it should take to hear back, as the AFCO couldn't say?

Waspie

War Hero
Check with your local recruiting office!
That can inform you of current waiting times etc.
Please remember this is an unofficial Naval site.

sim

I'm a step behind you training for my fitness exam, and asked my ACLO the same thing. They were confident if I was to complete the test this month, had my career interview sometime in Feb or Mar, "when they could fit me in" and I was deemed prepared and ready for the AIB, it would be sometime in summer.

But, yeah... get in touch with your ACLO, who knows, maybe I'll see you at BRNC. :)

soleil

War Hero
Hi everyone,
So I'm new to Navynet, but I'm hoping that someone on here can enlighten me as to the crack with how long between the Career Discussion 1/Sift Interview is a normal length of time to wait for a date for AIB? I'm applying for the Warfare branch, passed my interview in August and as of yet haven't heard anything from AIB.
Is this normal and does anyone know the average length of time it should take to hear back, as the AFCO couldn't say?
What has your ACLO said?

Hi Waspie, I checked with the AFCO, they couldn't even tell me! It was their suggestion to look on forums and see what sort of waiting times other applicants were experiencing to try to put an estimate on my own. :confused:

I'm a step behind you training for my fitness exam, and asked my ACLO the same thing. They were confident if I was to complete the test this month, had my career interview sometime in Feb or Mar, "when they could fit me in" and I was deemed prepared and ready for the AIB, it would be sometime in summer.

But, yeah... get in touch with your ACLO, who knows, maybe I'll see you at BRNC. :)
Ah nice, good luck with your phys test! That's good that they gave you a start point for estimating the time between your interview and AIB, seems like 3-4 months is sounding normal if that's the time they've given you.
Maybe so! Hopefully we both get in!

Waspie

War Hero
Hi Waspie, I checked with the AFCO, they couldn't even tell me! It was their suggestion to look on forums and see what sort of waiting times other applicants were experiencing to try to put an estimate on my own. :confused:
Truly stunned by that reply from them!!
Forums can tell you anything you want to hear, (not necessarily the truth). I'd keep badgering them. In the end someone may go pick up a phone and find out for you. (In light of what 'Sim' has quoted. His AFCO has obviously access to more info!!)
Good luck and don't let up.

soleil

War Hero
When you rang, were you able to speak to the ACLO himself/herself?