AIB wait for priority roles

Pikelet

Hi All

I'm hoping to get a steer on waiting time for an AIB date following successful career discussion. I'm going for the Observer role which I'm told is high priority and there is a chance (albeit small) of me starting in the Jan intake (subject to successful AIB). It would be great to know if anyone else has recently had an AIB date through who is applying for a priority role, and if so how long it took from being nominated post careers discussion. My AFCO wasn't able to advise on time frames.

Also, does anyone know when the FAA selection board sit for Jan intake? From the research I've done on this forum it looks like early Nov, in which case I can be sure if I haven't received an AIB date by end of October, I'll be looking at May intake (if I'm lucky).

These are indulgent questions, so I'm expecting to be told I should speak to my AFCO or just sit tight and wait... The organiser in me just wants to know more!

Thanks in advance and good luck to anyone in the same boat (pun intended).

Waspie

War Hero
Hi All

My AFCO wasn't able to advise on time frames.

If your AFCO can't advise you then I suggest an un-official Naval forum won't be able to do better. AFCO staff are the folk with their fingers in the pie so to speak. You may get guesses and my did di this and that. Just take any advice on here at face value unless a member of the Recruiting team.

Good luck.

soleil

War Hero
Hi All

I'm hoping to get a steer on waiting time for an AIB date following successful career discussion. I'm going for the Observer role which I'm told is high priority and there is a chance (albeit small) of me starting in the Jan intake (subject to successful AIB). It would be great to know if anyone else has recently had an AIB date through who is applying for a priority role, and if so how long it took from being nominated post careers discussion. My AFCO wasn't able to advise on time frames.

Also, does anyone know when the FAA selection board sit for Jan intake? From the research I've done on this forum it looks like early Nov, in which case I can be sure if I haven't received an AIB date by end of October, I'll be looking at May intake (if I'm lucky).

These are indulgent questions, so I'm expecting to be told I should speak to my AFCO or just sit tight and wait... The organiser in me just wants to know more!

How much of the application process have you completed so far, Pikelet?

Pikelet

Hi Soleil, I've just got AIB and FATs (plus aircrew medical) left. I took the FAT's 8 years ago (long story) so not too worried about this element. By the way, great post from you recently on the recent changes to recruitment, very helpful.

@Waspie, thanks for your prompt reply. Appreciate any info received on this forum will be unofficial and most likely anecdotal and will treat as such.

Latest Threads