AIB Service Knowledge Test

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Schmee_Force, Nov 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With the change that took place in the last 2 months with regard to this test.
    I am confident in what questions will be asked in the "Naval Service Knowledge Questions", but as for the "Defence Knowledge Questions" I would't have a clue.
    I would hazard a guess at things like "Defence Budget? Current Amount of Employed Naval Staff?" etc.
    Am I way off the mark here, or some input would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

2. I haven't a clue either, to be honest, but I would hazard a guess at names and roles of Defence Ministers, CDS, CGS, 1SL et al; 'Hot potato' topics such as current theatres of operations, equipment procurement, and anything else you might read in a broadsheet (except The Guardian).
  3. As someone who sat it one month ago, I can inform you that it contains a limited number of questions such as "Which of these is a real armed forces minister" and then a choice of 4 answers. The answers allow you to make an educated guess if you don't know the answer but they are very few in number. Know the armed forces budget. I would advise you to bone up on RFA ship types as they ask you a variety of questions such as which of the following is an oiler and then choice of 4 vessels. Also bone up on the Royals as there are a few questions about their history and vehicles they use. There seemed to be a fair few ? on aircraft and their roles. All in all you should have no problems and all of the answers can be found on the RN website. Don't ask if it's negatively marked by the way, they will not tell you. For what it's worth I don't think that it is. It's a failry straightforward test even for an old guff like me. I got a good pass by the way. The real marks are earned on day 2!!