Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

AIB score??

woody28

Midshipman
Hiya quick one about AIB please Ninja/anyone else that could answer...

There could be a reason this isn't particularly public information but I have a question about the weighting of the board in relation to the overall score. I.e. how is it broken down? I have a document which has a rough outline of it but I know that it is outdated, would you happen to have a (newer) outlining of the weighting/points of each part of the AIB in relation to the overall score out of 300?

Cheers shippers',
Woody

To be honest, it's changed that many times in recent years, I'd have to check before giving an answer.

There seems to be a permanent state of flux with regard pre-AIB interview/discussion content, the requirement (or not) for psychometric testing and even talk of introducing the dreaded fantasy world of competency based interviews (which wasted hunderds of £ks and proved to be useless for rating selection).

Best bet? Give your local AFCO a call or visit and ask to have a chat with the ACLO for a short term answer. In the longer term I'll try & get a more definitive & accurate answer once they've finished inventing this circular spoked thing that we're trying to find a name for :D

The exact scoring system isn't generally advertised and candidates are not supposed to be told their scores. It's not really information that is required by or useful to candidates.

Unless it's changed, the planning exercise, interview and practical leadership tasks carry a much greater (possibly double) weighting compared to the essay, psychometric tests and fitness test, so candidates are told to make these their main foci during their preparation. It is worth noting that one cannot pass AIB without passing the fitness test, even if they attain perfect scores in all other sections.

To be honest, it's changed that many times in recent years, I'd have to check before giving an answer.

There seems to be a permanent state of flux with regard pre-AIB interview/discussion content, the requirement (or not) for psychometric testing and even talk of introducing the dreaded fantasy world of competency based interviews (which wasted hunderds of £ks and proved to be useless for rating selection).

Best bet? Give your local AFCO a call or visit and ask to have a chat with the ACLO for a short term answer. In the longer term I'll try & get a more definitive & accurate answer once they've finished inventing this circular spoked thing that we're trying to find a name for :D
that be a roundabout, jump on any times as the rules will depend on your ability not to vom? Good luck @woody28 you will need it?

Latest Threads