AIB Pitfalls

N

Nippit

You're the Officer of the Middle Watch sailing at close quarters with another vessel.
Keeping a weather eye on her starboard steaming light-- you suddenly see both her port and starboard lights.
What steps do you take?

"Bloody big ones Sir"

change underpants and shout help

Or in the real world, go deep go deep, nose down welly on the accelerator, tell the back afties to push hard.
Heard on the con, twat turned towards me.

Load 1, 2 & 5 I'll show that target to piss me off

Last edited:
N

Nippit

change underpants and shout help

Or in the real world, go deep go deep, nose down welly on the accelerator, tell the back afties to push hard.
Heard on the con, twat turned towards me.

Load 1, 2 & 5 I'll show that target to piss me off
Quite!
But I rather think you would have failed

Noob here but: the info implies it is now headed towards my port side? (although next action is counter to ColRegs about making decisions on questionable-info). Turn hard to starboard at best speed. Immediatley contact the vessel if possible to discuss preventing a collision.

Someone please reply with correct sequence of actions :)

^ In general terms @Ballistic is absolutely spot on, but as to the particular:

In a 'Serious Section' of RR, under the guise of 'AIB-Pitfalls', Nippit has posted a version (incomplete BTW) of an age-old 'question' which drew in poor @Anchor Faced and the know-it-all-'cos-I-did-the-RYA-course {size seven seaboots, please}, sea sprout cadet Leg End.

Clues which you both missed include; context, <<starboard steaming light>>, and his sole purpose of trotting out that once-humorous but oft-repeated punch line.

Don't worry but be wary, Nippit is probably still 'ROTFL-ing' & 'PMSL-ing'at his own feeble joke. :rolleyes: