Aib Pass

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by swalke40, Sep 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys, Passed my Aib back in June, To be honest i never had a great pass nor did i have a fantastic Aptitude test, on the brighter side i work in a shop and have done all my life and decided on a change and i feel i did myself proud with a pass at both parts, i worked so hard for it. Question for anyone if they can answer it of course, i seen here that someone said the Febuary entry is Short, Anyone no the chances of entry for me, i no what the answer would be but after going quite a while and not hearing anything my confidence has took a notch off and just looking for some positives to take into the new year!

Chers would appreciate it
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

1. Well done, Swalke40.
    2. I take it your gammar and punctuation were not assessed on the AIB?
    3. Presumably you want to join up as a Pilot/Observer then... :roll: :wink:
  3. Haha, one of the reasons i was not given an excellent pass! Basically my pass came down to the interview i was told, and my communication skills were good so i passed.

Pilot yes haha

I just no that not a lot of people in Scotland are on passes at the moment, so i suppose a positive is a positive.
  4. Thanks i had left school at a very young age to look after my mum so i was always going to be on the backfoot. I just hope that some good will come of something at last! Thanks for all your comments and fingers crossed.
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hello & welcome to RR.

Entirely agree with "ltcootb".

Assuming Glasgow is your nearest office, you can email them today or call them tomorrow: AFCO Glasgow

Good luck!
  6. Everyone who passes and is medically fit goes into a filing cabinet, where the training and selection officer at AIB picks those for the next Dartmouth entry according to instruction from Dartmouth on numbers. It often depends on the branch and how many they require. If 80 passed for ATC Officer and they only need 2 then it's going to be tricky, for example.
  7. Thanks for the help guys, have tried to email Rosyth before but never got a reply, but i will give My Liason Officer a phone tomorrow.
  8. Swalke, ditto your position. I am having the same problems, I passed AIB back in March with a FAT of 120 and low AIB pass. It is so frustrating not knowing what position your in.

I will look forward to hearing how you get on. Both having crap scores we could even find ourselves on the same intake!

Good luck, Blimy
  9. Lets hope buddy, not sure of my FAT scores. Same to you and if you hear anything i hope you let me no as i will let you no.
  10. I meant to ask, i may be getting in as an ATC as my pilot scores are not fantastic and i failed for observer.

Is there a demand for ATC?
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Air Traffic Control Officers are indeed being actively recruited, however, as you would imagine there are far fewer ATCO's than aircrew, so the demand is correspondingly less.
  12. Hi. I believe the RN is currently recruiting 6 ATCO's per year; 2 every other intake. I am fortunate enough to be one of the two commencing training later this month ;)
  13. Hey all again, Accepted ATCO, Quite happy now! Could have went tho BRNC at the end of this month but had a lot of stuff to tie up before i go so i have been offered a place on the 25th of Febuary which is good! :)
  14. Thats great news mate, yes it would have been quite a rush to get everything sorted before the end of the month! did they not offer you a place on the january BRNC intake?

I hope I hear somthing from them soon, although in my current position, being young (18) and determined I would only accept Pilot!

Once again, CONGRATULATIONS!!
  15. Ninja_Stoker

Good luck to you, plenty of time to get fit before you go.
  16. Yes i no be starting tonight
  17. Ninja_Stoker

Perhaps a celebration is in order?

I raise my cup of coffee to you.
  18. No caffeine for me mate :thumright: Roll on the best years of my life!