AIB on sept 7th

Discussion in 'RFA' started by Radge, Sep 3, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So i'm attending my RFA AIB on sept 7th. been swatting up like mad and done a ton of revision really looking forward to it.

Was wondering anyone else attending then.

And also any last minute advice would be appreciated :)
  2. How did it go?
  3. Passed, got my preliminary offer of a Marine Engineering Cadetship, so long as I pass the security checks.

Was a really great 3 days. The other guys there at the same time really helped out and was a good atmosphere. Food was excellent too :)
  4. Well done!! Any bits you found hard?
  5. It was all quite challenging, our service knowledge test had a fair amount of Fleet Air Arm squadron location and composition questions which was probably my weakest point of knowledge.

The most important thing I personally thought was getting to know your team and working well together on the Practical Leadership Tasks and the Planning Exercise. Without good teamwork those would be much harder than they need to be.

The mile and a half is done around an artifical surfaced football pitch and due to slowing down for the corners and the extra effort to run on the surface everyone added about 45seconds to their usual treadmill time so take that into account in your training regime.
  6. Thanks for the tips!
  7. He's lying about the food i had the squits from the sunday night chicken pie
  8. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Dodgy pint down the Cocked Hat?

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.
  9. haha i wish i'm to young to get served