AIB Essay Titles

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by SUYAIB, Nov 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone done an AIB recently?

What where there the choices of essay title you where offered?

Any top tips?

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"How To Nick a Rating's Idea And Make It Seem Like You Thought Of It First"

:wink: :lol:

3. "Commissioned Officers:Are they any uses in todays Modern Navy?"

4. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

The modern RN Officer's role onboard. Discuss.

5. Backpedalling: how to never admit you're wrong

Brown-nosing: outdoing your peers

Why is your experience worth more than your SRs

Stewards: how to be nice to them and prevent them stirring your tea with their dick

Bored now

6. sgtpepperband

That'd be a very short discussion then... 8O

7. Looks like no one is able to give you a serious answer SUYAIB. Can't remember the titles for the ones I was given - too long ago.

SF

8. sgtpepperband

Ooh, you've spoiled our fun now... :wink:

9. Role of Navy on Modern Warfare
    Human Dimension of War - does it still have a place?
    The standard of programming on TV
    The value of University Degrees

etc etc

10. My serious answer was I remember a question on the NHS and on private education. Then again I did my board with Nelson ;)

I prefered my first options though.

11. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

SUYAIB,

How about 'Network Enhanced Capability through an effects based approach-the versatile maritime force'. Discuss.

[/serious mode off]

12. squirrel *******
    fish beginning with Q
    ant eater or polo neck- compare
    etc etc

13. sgtpepperband

I don't remember seeing you at the last Weekly Planning Meeting..!? 8O :wink:

14. The one I plumped for was something along the lines of "Are the Royal Family necessary and relevent in today's Britain?" Apparantly they liked my original answer - be warned, you don't get much space to write the essay, so try and write small, and leave out the ramblings.

15. Hi, its my 1st post and I passed my AIB last month.

My topics were the one about the royal family, are parents responsible for their childrens bad behaviour, isit neccessary to have a nuclear deterrent and another one I can't remember. But yeah, don't worry about it too much, the essay is not something you can prepare for.

16. The one you can't remember.....was it "If we are here to help others, what are the others here for???" eh?

17. I had the same 3 choices as jimmy.c above and can't remember the 4th either! Anyway when I had my debrief afterwards my ACLO said he has never seen an AIB report which said the candidate had a brilliant essay, mainly because there isn't enough room to write one. Just make sure you avoid the obvious mistakes such as spelling etc and don't wander off subject and there is little they can pick you up for.

18. Why was sugar allowance stopped? I only had 4 Junior Rates beaten today!

19. I remember doing 'Parents are responsible for their children's behaviour' just over a year ago, but can't remember any other.

20. I remember doing 'Parents are responsible for their children's behaviour' just over a year ago, but can't remember any other.