AIB Brief

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Jonno, May 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I have an AIB Brief in a few days and was just wondering whether i'm going to get grilled or whether it's simply the passing of more information to the candidate. Cheers, Jon
  2. If this is your last meeting with your ACLO then its a grill, your ACLO passes an assessment onto the Board, and it is then compared to your performance on the day. So if the ACLO points out your Career Progression Knowledge is awful, guess what questions you will get in the interview? If they aren't upto scratch even after being told its something you need to get sorted, your chances of passing are slim.

Don't worry too much, although prepare for it, besides any work you do now, means less work later for the AIB if you already know it.

Best of Luck.
  3. Thats great, thanks for your help!
  4. ok for me it wasn't a grill, i just got to watch a dvd and ask if i had any question which I didn't. If he did pass info on to the board on what my week points were he picked it up using his psychic powers!
  5. Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you write like that (with errors similar to those in bold) on the essay at the AIB, they will mark you down.
  6. Hello again Jonno i've got mine in a few days too.

I'm taking mine as a grilling, ive been preparing for a week now, i draw up a book with everything Navy in it but it went missing this morning along with my bag (dam thieves) which has demoralized me. I'm guessing its going to be a lot like the last meeting we had with the ACLO where he checked we had researched into our chosen careers before giving us the application forms. So im revising all my ships, subs, planes and heli's ect with all the relevant missiles torps and to top it all off a bit about the training process.

Still worried tgh!
  7. No offence taken Dunkers, been there done that and join BRNC in under two weeks :p (so if I did take offence that easily i think i would be pretty screwed) I am slightly better when not typing a rushed reply on an internet forum, only slightly though!

My AIB marks did bring up poor spelling as a problem, but its a problem I have always had and will always have. I can do a bit better if I stop and double check things, but only to a point sadly. My brain got that part of it wired oddly.

Good luck shotty, I'm sure it won't be half as bad as you are expecting!