AIB Aircrew Medical

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by rave924, Jan 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,

AIB is fast approaching (going Observer)! However I'm not sure what the Medical for Aircrew entails. If sucessful at AIB, how much longer would you stay? What is involved in the examination? And how long do the results take to come back?

Is it a similar examination of the Pre AIB Medical?

2. I had my AIB brief today and got told I may have to stay for a third night if the medical can't be arranged for the afternoon you finish the AIB, but it depends what day you finish. The aircrew medical is a lot more thorough, although I don't know the full details, but did read about it on RR recently, may have been in the big AIB thread. When is your AIB? I'm heading down on March 7th.
  3. It's a medical examination with a few extra bits and bobs. You should worry more about the AIB- you can do something constructive about that. The medical will happen and doesn't require any revision on your part.

Stop worrying about things you have no control over- worry instead about the things you can potentially improve.