AIB Advice please.

Lantern Swinger
This is my first post on here, I would firstly like to say hello to everyone. "HI".

I have applied for a commission in the Navy as a Warfare Officer and am awaiting my AIB date. I have sent back the multitude of forms, and am now waiting for a reply. It has been over a month since I sent them to the Manchester office and I haven't heard a peep.

Does anyone know how long this process takes?

Thank you in advance.
hi sara and does take a while.....
it does vary on the AFCO though. some of the guys on here are/have taken the same route recently so better placed to answer.

Lantern Swinger
I didn't want to look too pushy by calling the office. Will they see it this way? I had thought that Xmas and NY might have slowed down the process.

Lantern Swinger
You are right, i just gave a them a quick bell and i got told to call back on monday as they were all packing up for the afternoon. ;-p

Lantern Swinger
No need, I got a letter in the post today (which arrived at 1pm :eek: ) stating that i am eligable for Officer entry and that they will be writing to me soon. At least i know it has arrived safe and well and that an asylum seeker wasn't trying to steal the papers- and my identity. phew.
Hi Sara

I'm waiting for AIB date too, via Plymouth OCLC.

I only sent my papers and documents in just before Christmas and had them back yesterday. I phoned them because they forgot to return a document and then seized the opportunity to ask what next/how long.

I was told that I should have a letter offering me an AIB date within a few weeks and if I haven't heard by the end of the month to phone back.

If Manchester office is the same, hopefully you should get a date soon.

Good luck - may see you there !!
You can call AIB directily.. they will give you the accurate progress of the application... I know this is a late reply( just joined )... you may be at BRNC by this time.. ..
I sent my application of in January, all i've received is a letter from HMS Sultan confirming receipt. I called them up and they told me that for Warfare I could be waiting until June/ July for an interview.