AIB Advice please.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by sara21, Jan 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is my first post on here, I would firstly like to say hello to everyone. "HI".

I have applied for a commission in the Navy as a Warfare Officer and am awaiting my AIB date. I have sent back the multitude of forms, and am now waiting for a reply. It has been over a month since I sent them to the Manchester office and I haven't heard a peep.

Does anyone know how long this process takes?

Thank you in advance.
  2. It often takes months - don't worry, you'll hear from them eventually.
  3. hi sara and does take a while.....
    it does vary on the AFCO though. some of the guys on here are/have taken the same route recently so better placed to answer.
  4. Hi Sara

Welcome to RR.

As the lads have said, it probably will take a while. Its often a case of hurry up and wait with the Military.

Good luck

5. Hi Sara, welcome. Try calling the office now as the new year is upon us.
  6. I didn't want to look too pushy by calling the office. Will they see it this way? I had thought that Xmas and NY might have slowed down the process.
  7. If anything it will reflect well on you - they will probably regard you as motivated, not pushy.
  8. Monday afternoon should be a good time as it gives the staff time to settle-in after the weekend
  9. You are right, i just gave a them a quick bell and i got told to call back on monday as they were all packing up for the afternoon. ;-p
  10. Just take it in your stride, it will take time, good luck with your Quest Sara
  11. If you PM i am also with Manchester office fantastic and they are really good.
  12. Harrassing them a bit never did anyone any harm...much. Just make sure that they don't forget you. Otherwise, as the others have said, it does take a while.
  13. No need, I got a letter in the post today (which arrived at 1pm :eek: ) stating that i am eligable for Officer entry and that they will be writing to me soon. At least i know it has arrived safe and well and that an asylum seeker wasn't trying to steal the papers- and my identity. phew.
  14. Hi Sara

I'm waiting for AIB date too, via Plymouth OCLC.

I only sent my papers and documents in just before Christmas and had them back yesterday. I phoned them because they forgot to return a document and then seized the opportunity to ask what next/how long.

I was told that I should have a letter offering me an AIB date within a few weeks and if I haven't heard by the end of the month to phone back.

If Manchester office is the same, hopefully you should get a date soon.

Good luck - may see you there !!
  15. You can call AIB directily.. they will give you the accurate progress of the application... I know this is a late reply( just joined )... you may be at BRNC by this time.. ..
  16. I sent my application of in January, all i've received is a letter from HMS Sultan confirming receipt. I called them up and they told me that for Warfare I could be waiting until June/ July for an interview.