AIB 5th - 7th May 2014

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by OC92, Apr 12, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

I have my AIB on the above dates. Currently going through my revision now. Just wondering if anyone else on here has this date and what roles you are applying for?

Would be happy to cross-reference revision material. Also any help/ advice from those who have recently been on the board/ are currently serving would be appreciated.

2. Hello OC92,

I am also on the board on those dates, I am hopefully joining the Warfare branch

I would also be happy to cross-reference revision material. what did you have in mind?
  3. Well to begin with I have noticed that a lot of different sources have varying dimensions for the same ships and I was wondering which one you were using to base your revision off.

Also, where are you travelling from? I'm coming from the Midlands myself. Hope those trains are reliable!
  4. I wouldn't stress too much about it - when I went through at least, you don't need to know whether a Type 23 is 133 or 136 metres long (and is that overall length, or waterline length?), "a hundred and thirty-something" is fine (more importantly, not 'fifty' or 'five hundred' metres...)

Even less precision on crews; nominally you'll get a complement of 185 on a T23, but in reality there's always over two hundred souls on board when they're deployed. Again, "about two hundred" used to be the right answer.

More important might be how many we've got, what roles they can carry out, and where they're deployed (Navy News is your friend).
  5. Oh okay, I was just thinking in case the question came up on the service knowledge test. Are you aware of the level of detail for the service knowledge test?
  6. I was told the level of detail isn't really that high, but just to be safe I'm just cramming as much as I can. Apparently they want to know more about what the RN is doing and where as well as the roles of the vessels. My ACLO told me there would be a map centered on the USA, and you would have to navigate around the world and point out what the RN is doing and where.

I am travelling from Liverpool, we could probably meet at London Euston if you want to go over stuff before we get there, what role are you going for If you don't mind me asking?