AIB 2nd Nov

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by HappyHawker, Sep 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I've just arrived home from work and received my date to attend AIB on the 2nd of November. I'm feeling mixed emotions, mainly excitement though. I was wondering who else is attending at the same time and where you’re travelling from.

HH :thumright:
  2. Congrats.

What branch you applying for?
  3. I have my AIb on the 21st Oct....Can anyone offer any advice?

4. There are probably hundreds of threads helping with the AIB on this site, including a nice big fat sticky on this page. Read it.
  5. I'm applying for Aircrew Officer. I passed my flying aptitude tests last December during my RAF application. I haven’t received any notification/invitation to attend the tests again pre AIB so I need to check whether I should be expecting something soon or whether the board are content to use my last scores.

Echo Sentanashi on that - There’s hoards of information on this site regarding AIB prep, try the AIB sticky and condensed version that has been compiled.
  6. Ah, ok.

The best of luck to you.
  7. If you have got AIB dates, take it that they used your RAF scores. They would have given you an FAT date first otherwise.

If I recall correctly, FAT scores stay with you once you've done them.. no matter what service.

Best of luck.
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Spot on. They remain valid until the day before your 26th Birthay. (The Maximum age for RN Aircrew entry).
  9. Does anyone know how long you normally wait for your FAT date?
  10. If it helps Scimitar, I passed my filter interview on the 15th of July. I was then sent some paper work regarding medical history and references. I received another letter some 6-7 weeks ago saying the board would write to me again once I had been confirmed as eligible for AIB (I’m applying on a HNC). I was expecting a date to re-sit my aptitude scores and then attend AIB in the few weeks following, however my last aptitude scores have been taken into account.

How far are you in the recruitment process?
  11. I had the "eligibility" letter about 2 weeks ago, passed my filter around the same time as you I think... I wrote a covering letter requesting my AIB date to be in Feb as this suited my uni work schedule, on the recommendation of my ACLO. I'm just playing the waiting game!

When you say your last scores have been taken into account, do you mean they're not letting you sit again? End ex.
  12. Ignore that last bit, i was being an idiot;)
  13. I've got an AIB on the 3rd of November going through until 5th. Might bump into you there! I'm applying to be a WEO - its just dawned on me that 3 weeks away is going to go a lot faster than I realise and I need to start doing some more preparation!
  14. I've just estimated how much time I will need to spend doing this 'revision' to fit it into a three week period. Does anyone fancy being the captain of my hockey team for a month? <G> I'm starting to wish that days were 36 hours long!
  15. 4 weeks until we go SheffGruff.

Going to the MYN 08 seriously helped me with fleet revision, Everything I had been reading/revising in books and on the internet I can now relate to physically walking around a ship. Weapons, compliment, displacement etc.

I just need to cram in some more regarding training, structure of commannd etc. Slowly but surely getting there.
  16. Good luck guys!! Just remember to stay calm, remember what you've learnt and work with the guys on your board and not against them!! It doesn't get competetive until after you have passed. Definitely get yourselves down the pub on the first night and get to know your other board members, this will help break the ice and give you a chance to get to know the guys and girls you will be working with for the next few days.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :thumright: